Health & Safety

you might want to check out this web site before fitting any bull bars.

http://www.frontalprotectionsystems.eu/ ... gister.php

They have loads of information about if it is legal or not to have bull bars, the government are having a consultation at the momemnt on bull bar legislation and there is a down load for the presentation they gave at the stakeholders meeting which states that it is illegal to sell them, and that under the road traffic act, the driver may be committing an offence if the vehicle is fitted with a non approved frontal protection system.

The consultation will be on this web site when the DfT get around to psoting it.

http://www.dft.gov.uk/consultations/open/?w=dft

• 1 month later...

If the government is going to press for a total ban on front protection for vehicles, can I sue them for the cost of rebuilding the front of the Defender next time I am force into a ditch or stone wall by some city type who knows nothing of countryside ways. It has happened three times so far, hit the bank or hit them. Or perhaps I should just brake and let them hit me, and add another unprotected 4x4 to the statistics. I bought a "(new)" Defender on Tuesday, and so far have not been able to get any sort of bull bar for it. Needless to say, I am not happy.