Laning

Guest WALFY

Guest WALFY

I'm about to book up my hols this week. Looking at staying in Cockermouth. The question is do I take the Freelander or is it worth driving my 90 up there. Is there any lanes that would make it worth while.

I'm about to book up my hols this week. Looking at staying in Cockermouth. The question is do I take the Freelander or is it worth driving my 90 up there. Is there any lanes that would make it worth while.

There's plenty of cracking lanes - but mainly in the south lakes though. The old coach road near Keswick runs from St Johns in the Vale to Dockray near to Ullswater, it's a lovely Freelander-friendly drive. I would take the Freebie and have fun with that - especially if driving alone. Do you use memory map?

Old Coach Road

IMG_2938Large.jpg

Landgdale

IMG_3050Large.jpg

Troutbeck Valley

IMG_3026Large.jpg

Guest WALFY

Widget

Thanks for that. Will take the Freebie, wasn't looking forward to the drive up there in my 90. Yes, just getting to grips with MM. Hopefully will have a way of powering my laptop in the car for navigation.

Widget

Thanks for that. Will take the Freebie, wasn't looking forward to the drive up there in my 90. Yes, just getting to grips with MM. Hopefully will have a way of powering my laptop in the car for navigation.

I would take the 90, there is some cracking lanes over Grizzdale forest and water crossings over Kirby Stephen I can send you via email mm overlays of where we go in the lakes which all have been checked out from a right of way point of veiw, Or youre more than welcome to join us on one of our days out

As for the lap top i bought a cheap-O inverter for my ciggie lighter

Landgdale

IMG_3050Large.jpg

The Langdale Pikes make the hair on my neck stand on end. Lovely part of the lakes.

However, I think you need to turn around and drive back towards them - there's always time for a pint of Theakstons at the "Stickle Barn", just at the other end of this byway...

Cheers

Blippie

Hi, I have just read your post regarding the old coach road, I am thinking of going to the lakes this weekend an might have a look. But have a question. Is it a true byway with full right of way , as I know there are a lot that have had the right of way extinguished. In 2006 in the lakes ,If possible could you send me the memory map overlay , as I use the 2004 version with full uk mapping.

Thanks Alan.