Stihl saw/ windows/ d3

rob90

Whilst at work today in lovley Wraxham one of our chaps rather carelessly cut a lengh of barrier to fit a gap on a new lenth of crash barrier thinking nothing more about it we merrly carried on with our day of work about 3-4 hours later a nice man turned up and cmplained to me that his wife had driven past and we had peppered all his side windows on his lovley Discovery 3 and wanted it repairing, he was just dismissed as a man after a quick £££ but now after thinking aout it and feeling guilty any ideas on cost and as i will be inspecting it tomorrow anything tolook for

Ooo ! thats gonna cost , Its mad I know , Metal sparks tend to bounce off painted surfaces but chew their way into windows , A good company gesture would be to replace the glass for the unfortunate motorist .

It was lucky the windows were shut and the driver didnt cop an eyefull.

Thanks bog, I just cant belive any damage could be done at say 3.5 meters away traveling at aprox 30 mph, we often use vans/wagons as "sheilds" a lot closer than that and rarely see damage

Hmmmmmmm

I definately smell a small furry squeeky object with tail.

at 30+ mph and at 3.5 metres I would be amazed if sparks had any force left in them on contact for a nano sec or so.

Be wary....very F wary :(

Nige

me too

How far dya recon the sparks from a Ts400 Sthill saw on full song through a heavy steel object with a carbon blade go then , Its more like 7 m . We use an old road sign at work as a spark arrester when cutting steel or cast in a public area . Its cheaper than suppllying passers by with safety glasses .

When we had new offices built at work one of the contractors installed the 1st floor slab incorrectly.

Hacking through the re-bar to re lay it they peppered every brand new window!

About 14 large pilkington K panes, very expensive.

Glass and tea/coffee mugs always come off worst to grinding sparks.