Are Scorpion at it again

SteveG

I feel a bit sorry for Mr 300bhp!

He's not really said anything that bad - and you nasty lot (thanks for the support though :) ) have all ganged up on him! ;)

Si

I thought this was normal when somebody mentioned Scorpion. :ph34r:

unless you are some crony here on behalf of Scrapiron developmentsbunchofcopyingcheatsideaanddodgybuinessethics I can't for the life of me see how you think what they do is a good idea/business practice.

then again we've seen a few already here in the past they come and go when they realise the vast majority of the members here see them for what they are.

If you are a stooge on their behalf best look elsewhere to post.

as all to soon it will come out as it always does.

Sorry mate and I know your a mod and all and I'm also assuming that this above comment is aimed at me.

So first off show me where I have defended or even congratulated Scorpion Racing?

Second, please show me where I have have said that running a business like that is a good thing?

Third, you seem to be labeling me as an employee or supported of Scorpion Racing, even though the answers to the above questions are no. I have also stated I've never bought anything from them, and have posted pics and specs of my Discovery in several threads- do you see a single Scorpion Racing product on it??

I have to say I like this forum it seems to be very knowledagble and a good resource. But this thread feels very much like an American forum where you simply are not allowed to have a differing opinion without being labeled as the bad guy.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE show me where I have been supporting Scorpion Racing, their products or their business practices?????????????????????

Incase nobody wants to re-read the thread, I'll help with the answers.

All I have done, is state that their business actions are not unique, hell not even rare in the world of business. And yes this comes from first hand experience.

Is it how I would conduct business? - NO! But I can accept it does happen.

So based on the above, why are you and several others attacking me?

I do not agree but there again we all have different standards. Anyway, I'll just sit back and continue to watch this thread with my mod / admin hat set at a jaunty angle :D

I was not saying that I would run a business that way, just that I have first hand witnesses such business antics.

If anyone needs an example of similar business ethics then there is a great one which affect every member here - BMW. They bought Rover Cars just to get their hands on Land Rover, they then exploited both companies leaving Rover dead in the water and neck high in debt and basically stealing Land Rovers technology and 4x4 development ability to design and build a range of BMW 4x4's until the then also cast Land Rover by the wayside. It was purely fortunate that Ford purchased Land Rover and happily invested money into the company rather than asset stripping it.

Mr 300,

- You asked why 'the forum' doesn't like ScrapIron.

- Members told you why.

- You're not going to change member's opinions.

- Member's aren't going to change your opinion.

Stalemate - job done? finished? sorted? finalised?

I don't see this going anywhere. There's nothing wrong with different opinions, we just don't need to ram them down each others throats.

Dear Mr 300 BHP....

Re all you say above - Maybe,

But without doubt you have shown yourself in a 'very poor light here'. ?

Your New, seemingly highly arguementative and demonstate an attitude of the "Legend in your own Mind" stylee.

Suggest you chill out and blend in rather than enter the forum complete with big wooden stick, stir, .....

....and then continue ...........when many more sensible people would have stopped and thought ?

Nige

Your New, seemingly highly arguementative and demonstate an attitude of the "Legend in your own Mind" stylee.

Suggest you chill out and blend in rather than enter the forum complete with big wooden stick, stir, .....

....and then continue ...........when many more sensible people would have stopped and thought ?

Nige

Well it makes for entertainment and conversation doesn't it?? Look 4 pages and the threads still going, more fun than a new topic that only gets 2 replies then drifts into the unseen archieves on the a server somewhere.

Mr 300,

- You asked why 'the forum' doesn't like ScrapIron.

- Members told you why.

- You're not going to change member's opinions.

- Member's aren't going to change your opinion.

Yep I did ask, and yes people answered.

I have not wanted, intended or tried to change others opinions.

And for your info, in light of the info provided by this thread I wouldn't consider buying anything from them in the future either - so opinions do change.........

Stalemate - job done? finished? sorted? finalised?

eh?? ok, but I thought this was a message forum where people could have discussions, maybe I got it wrong.

I don't see this going anywhere. There's nothing wrong with different opinions, we just don't need to ram them down each others throats.

Coolio

:D :D :D

So first off show me where I have defended or even congratulated Scorpion Racing?

In your first post..

I sense there is a lot of hate for Scorpion Racing on this forum, is there any real bases for it??

Unless they breach any patents or copyright I can't see they've done anything wrong.

Now going by this it sounds like you are defending them as you don't see that they have done anything wrong.

Your senses are wrong it's not hate, it's a dislike for their business ethics, which going by the above you think are ok.

The alternative question is why pay 'x' times more for a product from someone else and have little control over it when you can produce it yourself for a fraction of the cost?

mmmmmmmmmmmm :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Ethics or good business sense???

This would fall on your particular point of view. Does Scorpion Racing (or pretty much ANY business the world over) exist t be friendly, support other manufactuers and not worry about making a profit.

OR

Are they in business to make money?? :rolleyes:

You may not beleive it, but the majority of companies are run ethically. You don't have to be unethical or unfriendly, as you put it, to produce a profit. Is it acceptable that a company screws an old couple out of their savings for shoddy and misleading workmanship? Yes it happens, but it's no good saying "it's just business" this happens. Everyone on this forum knows it exists, but when it happens in the LR community is it a surprise that people voice an opinion on it and express their viewpoint on Scorpion's unethical business practices.

I think you have to explain your motives for your responses on this post. Why have you laboured on? People have explained their issues with Scorpion and you obviously have an issue with that or the way Scorpion are treated by people on this forum otherwise you wouldn't have kept on posting in defence.

With comments like the above, is it any wonder why people have responded back to you. Going back to your original post..

I sense there is a lot of hate for Scorpion Racing on this forum, is there any real bases for it??

Unless they breach any patents or copyright I can't see they've done anything wrong.

Now you know the facts, do you think they have done anything wrong or do you think their business practices are ok?

Cheers

Steve

Now you know the facts, do you think they have done anything wrong or do you think their business practices are ok?

Cheers

Steve

Not wanting to dwell on the rest of your post, but I have stated that my limited experience with Scorpion Racing was not a negative affair. But that aside and directly ansering your question.

Well there is no simple answer. "Have they done anything wrong?" Well in a legal sense no. And as they haven't been prosecuted that is not an opinion but a fact.

This would then lead further to "are their business practices ok?" Well again in a legal sense - yes. This is NOT my opinion but is merely a fact of the situation.

As for my opinion and views, then on light of the info provided here in this thread, NO I do not think their business practices are ok and it is not how I would run any business of my own.

And yes on a moral level I believe they have done wrong (based on the evidence provided by this thread, however as an unbiased intermediary I also have to accept that there are always 2 sides to each story).

So does this answer your question?

I hope so, because it's the thin line between personal opinion and fact, and sadly personal bias can sway an opinion into making look like a fact.

Which is really a complex topic in itself, the best way I can describe it is with music. There is a lot of carp music out there, now just because I like it, doesn't mean it becomes good music, it is still carp music that I happen to like. Meaning my personal bias for liking it hasn't swayed the fact that it is still carp.

Conversly there is a lot of very good music out there that I simply don't like, but I still accept that it is very good music.

Your New, seemingly highly arguementative and demonstate an attitude of the "Legend in your own Mind" stylee

Nige

Apologies to Nige. I have deleted the previous comments that I made as a result of a misunderstanding on my part.

Bill.

Yes, and it's all total carp because of the way it's dragging on.

Les.

What about my crackers and cheese then? Who's eaten them?

Perhaps we should change the subject and discuss chassis rust proofing treatments instead. ;)

Not wanting to dwell on the rest of your post, but I have stated that my limited experience with Scorpion Racing was not a negative affair. But that aside and directly ansering your question.

Well there is no simple answer. "Have they done anything wrong?" Well in a legal sense no. And as they haven't been prosecuted that is not an opinion but a fact.

out of court settlements instead maybe?

Apparently Scorpian have just opened a rustproofing centre in Newbury :ph34r:

is it availiable in any colour except orange#

and can i have stilton and chutney with my crackers please

out of court settlements instead maybe?

I don't know, but as I said I can only base my opinions on my own experience and the info provided in this thread.

So based on the facts to hand (or at least known to me) and can only conclude in the manner that I have. If more information is available then of course opinions can, will and do change.

Laters :)