Shall we have a nice friendly thread???

300bhp/ton

As long as it has got vents under the windscreen it's ok.

But I vote for the 90td.

The earliest utility Land Rover you can still use, in standard form, as a daily transport.

Mine happily does the 80 mile round trip to work, most of which is motorway, just as quickly as the 110 or our 50+mpg Ford Focus.

Keeps up with m'way traffic.

Suprisingly quick down the back roads, when you know the bends, and it's on muds.

Never fails to edge out at a junction, could be the leaky clutch cylinder.

A lot shorter, and easy to park, than people expect.

Seats seven, legally!

A bodge can easily turn into a permanent repair.

Doesn't matter if you go a bit "Basil Fawlty" with the bodywork.

Never ever failed to get me somewhere no matter how poorly it has been, and that includes 2 cracked pistons!

I'd happily use it every day (and probably go deaf in the process) if it didn't use so much diesel and oil!

Favourite Series ------ 109 Station Wagon

Favourite Defender -- 130 crew cab with box body

But I wouldn't have either in real life, they look useful, but dont have the refinement/comfort I need at my age.

A Disco II TD5 LSE would be pretty close to ideal

Money no object - New Rangie dipped liberally in Overfinch sauce :D

There was a SWB late 2a truck cab in a nearby village, one of the ' lights in wings ' models, it had 8 spokes with 7.50 SAGS and a few dents in the panels and it looked the dogs danglies, whenever I see a series with some decent tyres on I think they just look so right, coilers look good but always look as though they're on steroids :lol:.

For a day to day vehicle I think a Disco TDi takes some beating, practical, just as happy at 70 mph motorway munching as mudplugging.

I've driven Defenders And I'm pretty sure 'I' couldn't live with one as an everyday vehicle.

If I had the money then I'd have a RR sport with TDV8 and a matching D3 for the wife B)

Favourite: Soft-top NAS90

Next Favourite: Classic Range Rover / Classic 2a Rag top (especially the 200tdi conversion that Paul Wightman built)

Now I know I am biased since I have a soft-top NAS90, but they do look just soooooooooooooo right!

:D