130 conversion

wormhole

Right then,

following on from my questions about hi-cap tub lengths last week I have contacted a few breakers but most want a list of parts needed :rolleyes:, having searched microcat I'm not much better off,

I want to convert my 130 truck cab with quadtec hi-box to a 130 DC with hi-cap pickup, I would be grateful for any assistance in compiling a list of parts needed,

rear body for rear part of double cab - will a 110 SW version fit with minor mods? is there a better name for this? does anyone have a parts diagram showing how its put togther?

rear passenger doors

crew cab roof - like gold dust I know!

130 hi cap pickup body & all its brackets, how easy would it be to neatly cut down a 110 version?

As I understand it the rear bulkhead and rear windows from the cab are re-used just further back, I think the chassis and brackets are unchanged between the options on most 130's

does anyone want a 130 quadtec high box rear body, in need of a pair of rear aluminium panels?

Cheers

Matt :):D

post-10-1178985015_thumb.jpg

post-10-1178985041_thumb.jpg

You'll need the 130DC cab body side [sill & B post same as a 110 DC/SW] to hang the 2nd row doors onto, the complete rear cab panels can be reused as you say, a DC roof, should be easy to convert a 110 hi-cap body, just cut out the side/floor to the correct length & refit the front panel [bulkhead].

can't do a full list as not at home.

You'll need the 130DC cab body side [sill & B post same as a 110 DC/SW] to hang the 2nd row doors onto, the complete rear cab panels can be reused as you say, a DC roof, should be easy to convert a 110 hi-cap body, just cut out the side/floor to the correct length & refit the front panel [bulkhead].

can't do a full list as not at home.

I think you might find its easier to buy a 130 dc pick up tub, equicar and foley often list them, Craddocks had one on ebay a while ago too, This is my dream project for my 130 as well so please keep in touch with progress. Infact a while ago, foley had a complete body shell availiable, tub, bulkheads,roof,doors b-posts etcetc.

Matt

Hi Gents,

thanks for the responces, I think I've found a 130 hi-cap tub, need to ring in the morning to see if its complete and what condition.

unfornatuly equicar haven't got anything of any use at the moment, the only thing is the rear bulkhead which is actually the same as what I have - it just needs moving back to line up with the back doors.

as I get started i will try to get loads of photo's

Thanks again

Matt :)