Spring Adventure

Guest MJG

Any body go to Driffield this week end???

We had a good day there yesterday (sat). Main highlight was rumiging through the SH parts and seeing some very nice LandRovers particularly Series 1, 2 and 3's.

Managed to source some new door tops and window channel at a good price.

One comedien wanted £25 for a well used and battered Mountney wheel so still haven't managed to souce one of these just yet, I'd have given him a tenner and noy a penny more.

Also got the 'classic' plates I wanted for a good few quid cheaper than I was planning to pay elswhere

Arena activity was poor though with nowt much worth looking at - once you've seen one 'twist off' I think youv'e just about seen them all. And if the organisers think watching five hairy blokes towing a 90 is entertaining then.......

All in all though a good day out. It even manged to stay dry right untill thevery end of the day.

The best bit was seeing the grin on my daughers face after she emerged from the LR experience Disco 3 which had driven her around the Off road course.

Any body go to Driffield this week end???

As I thought then...the crowds looked a bit 'sparse'.

Any way we had a good day.......

Must admit if it's further north than Birmingham I tend to not contemplate it :unsure:

Queer that we "up north" think the same about stuff south of York.

Good job really, any thing that keeps the 'southerners' ;) out Yorkshire, preventig them from coming up here spoiling what we have is fine by me......

Oiy! us southerners are derived from the Nordic Men, which come from further North, so that makes you latent-southerners :P:lol:

Very queer that, I thought it was the other way around.

MJG - if you're after a Mountney I have a new, unused one for £30 posted.

I am £30 would be great but is it 15" diameter??????

As per other posts this is the size I am after, anything less is just not going to cut it.

As I thought then...the crowds looked a bit 'sparse'.

Any way we had a good day.......

Went saturday, did not think it was that good really, bought a couple of bits and pieces but nothing much, actually went to get a safari snorkel for the 300tdi Disco, not one to be found anywhere, bet i`m bl--dy falling over them at billing..

One guy selling a set of sticks for the series, he wanted 300 squid, told him he was bananas or something like that, new sets are 50 quid cheaper from exmoor trim.

Oh well the shopping list for Billing is getting longer.

regards

Keith