Engine Id

brithaish

Hi All!

just been referred to you for assistance in unravelling my engine info. I was told my Series IIa was re-engined with a 2.5ltr LR petrol, found it to be officially registered as 1.8 and the closest info I have is for 2.25!!!! I cannot open the engine to measure unless I have the spares to refit and I cannot order the spares until I know what engine it is!

Any chance you have an idea as to what engine number 25299576J is, and maybe when it dates from? :blink:

Many thanks for this, so far.

Yes, its definately 4cyl petrol and is externally similar to the manual drawings of a late 60's 2.25ltr. Looks like I'll have to upset the local authorities and re-register the engine, next year!

Please keep feeding me any more info you may have on this; its all most welcome!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I was wondering if someone can help me, I have a 73 lightweight that has had a 2.25 diesel put in it. The V5 has a different engine number to the one in the truck. The V5 says 27128428G for the engine in the truck, annoyingly I have lost the piece of paper with the other number on and the truck is having work done to it. Any help much appreciated, also is there abywhere on the web I can find engine numbers on for when the truck comes back.

cheers

stuart