Radiators

I have a disco 200tdi in my 90 ............. the question is it was a turbo and I think its got the original rad and intercooler in it the rad has just sprug a very small leak when hot

Thinking that easyer to replace but is a simple way to tell tdi rad from a td rad?

Any body got a cheap TDi/TD rad in there shed ............... could meet up at the old sod

Cheers for any help/advice

Steve

I have a disco 200tdi in my 90 ............. the question is it was a turbo and I think its got the original rad and intercooler in it the rad has just sprug a very small leak when hot

Thinking that easyer to replace but is a simple way to tell tdi rad from a td rad?

Any body got a cheap TDi/TD rad in there shed ............... could meet up at the old sod

Cheers for any help/advice

Steve

The TD rad is full width the TDI isn't to allow room for the intercooler.

or a rangie one!!!

i was quoted £99 to get my 200tdi rad recored.

Paddocks do def and disco 200tdi rads for about £270+VAT IIRC however they also do Rangie tdi rads for £99.

so i went for the paddocks rangie tdi rad which is now fitted and was/is exactly the same as the def/disco one. they do have different pn though.

not use if the disco/def one comes with frame and int hence the x3 price

mm4x4 do a 200tdi defender rad for ~£100. There's one in my garage along with the other 'spares'. Are you allowed to use the phrase spares for things that shoudl actually have been fitted for broken things rather than for when something brakes? :)

Ralph I don't think its a defender one as intercooler and rad are not fixed together they are seperate although it looks very similar to the the one above ..................... so looks like I will have to get a rangie one if they are cheaper?

Cheers

Steve

Ralph I don't think its a defender one as intercooler and rad are not fixed together they are seperate although it looks very similar to the the one above ..................... so looks like I will have to get a rangie one if they are cheaper?

Cheers

Steve

All 200Tdi/300Tdi rads/intercoolers genuine LR are like that picture, do you have a intercooler that sits in front of the rad? is yes then thats a aftermarket version or maybe a Td5 version.

There is a difference in height between the two radiator/intercoolers.

If you have a disco rad/intercooler, then the bottom of either the frame that holds the two will have had to be altered, or the two locating lugs on the front crossmember. The difference in height is only 28mm, but the bonnet won't close unless you lower them, so look for modifications.

(been there, done that, etc)

Les. :)