ITV 4x4 Bashing

Superpants

Didn't even bother to watch it. From the trailers it was clear that it was aimed at the same people who don't like me shooting fluffy bunnies for dinner and think it's ok to illegally release town foxes into the countryside.

The same people who tell me to get a smaller car but are unable to tell me how to get 12 people and 2 labradors to the top of the hill in it.

The same people who very nearly run me over in their volvos and BMWs when I'm crossing the lane with the dog.

The same people that drive their kids 200yards to school in a Pious and then curse me for driving a cleaner car than them.

The Volvo comment made me post this:

Our village has the main road through it closed for cabling work at present

so the is a diversion in place that takes you approx 8miles around the lanes to by pass

the work.

On Monday I set off followed by Val in her 110 up the hills we go(narrow/steep) around a bend to see a Volvo estate(new)

flying down the hills towards me I drive up the bank as much as is possible leaving my car tipping a fair way over and stop

he has been skidding/praying for a second or two at this point.

he then comes level with the 90. Proceeds to bash his Volvo down the side of my car and ends up the opposite embankment.

I get out and approach, he rather sheepishly gets out

we exchange a few words, he reverses his Volvo off the bank damage scores are

Volvo: smashed wing mirror and sill bar (with tree defenders) shape dent along the off side, near side wheels nicely scuffed and wing/door creases.

Defender: paint blemish on offside wing bar/sill slight muddying of near side tyre.

Val stopped behind me and watched it all happen.

Bluddy people in speeding cars. a nice safe Defender is what you need town or country IMHO.

Sorry Pics aren't available as I was only popping out and took no phone with me.