Pit bull tyres

88 Nick

In light of the apparent shortage of challenge suitable tyres over 34",im considering the pit bull rockers as offerd by Straight forward supplies among others,is anybody using them or seen them in action at events? (cant afford Krawlers)

Seen them in action a few times on challenge events. Like every other tyre... good at some things, not so good at others. No such thing as the perfect tyre. That said I was very impressed with the traction shown on wet woodland floor (leaves, mud, etc) on the special stage 1 at the AWDC event last Sunday. The simex clad trucks really struggled on the same terrain. Before it rained the simex boys had no probs.

Saying all that the ones I refer to are on a hybrid truck with mid engine design and custum suspension setup, all of which may have just as much of a bearing on traction as tyre type. So hey, what do I know!

they're bl**dy awesomeon rocks IMO and beat simex, but simex are better in the deep mud afink

on wet woodland like said above, they brilliant due to there shear size, more like pontoons :lol:

but they just dont look right really, there as wide as they are tall, and also the blocks are huge, but the tread is little

i still prefere my simex and will stick with um :ph34r:

dan

i have been running pits for 2 years and they are very hardwearing, greenlaned them,12 AWDC challenges,the interclub,the AFC2006,tuff trophy,trialing every month,and playing,and they still look like new.

i have found them to be as good as any other tyre on most things and a lot lot better on others ie rocks shale.

as for ruts and deep mud at slindon last year the special stage was a mud run trial and we were the last to go and the 3 cars we say before us had only got half way through the first gate and then had to winch,people stood watching were overheard saying these won't get far with those tyres on,we drove the first gate around the corner towards the second and only had to slow down so i didn't runover the bitch :D then had to winch.

as for the little tread IMO this help stop breakages 1 un pegged r&p , & 1standard halfshaft since using them must say it all, but what do i know.

i have been running pits for 2 years and they are very hardwearing, greenlaned them,12 AWDC challenges,the interclub,the AFC2006,tuff trophy,trialing every month,and playing,and they still look like new.

i have found them to be as good as any other tyre on most things and a lot lot better on others ie rocks shale.

as for ruts and deep mud at slindon last year the special stage was a mud run trial and we were the last to go and the 3 cars we say before us had only got half way through the first gate and then had to winch,people stood watching were overheard saying these won't get far with those tyres on,we drove the first gate around the corner towards the second and only had to slow down so i didn't runover the bitch :D then had to winch.

as for the little tread IMO this help stop breakages 1 un pegged r&p , & 1standard halfshaft since using them must say it all, but what do i know.

peh...aint bust nuffing with my simex :lol: ....going regret that now :ph34r:

has boothy actualy got that heap running yet btw ? told him stick a 4 pot in :rolleyes:

dan

peh...aint bust nuffing with my simex :lol: ....going regret that now :ph34r:

has boothy actualy got that heap running yet btw ? told him stick a 4 pot in :rolleyes:

dan

Hi Dan,

You won't brake stuff in learner comps :hysterical::hysterical: just wait till you cum playin with the big boys

Boothy do you mean TWIGGY :lol::lol: i think he's got its running on more than 4