air getting in fuel system

pinny

help im getting air in fuel system somewhere 300tdi firstly ive changed lift pump fuel filter checked all fuel lines etc i was told that 300tdi discos suffer from air getting in fuel system from top of fuel tank around sender area basically where the pipes enter the tank has anybody had this prob or any other suggestions cheers chris

Never seen it on a 300 but I have seen a couple of 200s where the metal pipes coming out of the sender unit had corroded through and caused a tiny pinhole in the pipe which allowed air in, it should also be possible for this to happen on a 300 I guess

help im getting air in fuel system somewhere 300tdi firstly ive changed lift pump fuel filter checked all fuel lines etc i was told that 300tdi discos suffer from air getting in fuel system from top of fuel tank around sender area basically where the pipes enter the tank has anybody had this prob or any other suggestions cheers chris

It's as Stephen says.

Corrosion of the pipes coming out of the sender unit can occur and small ammounts of air get drawn in.

I had a friend who had this this with a 300tdi Discovery.

I'm sure of course you don't really mean you intend to taket he floor out to look. :o The access panel over the sender unit will suffice. Also be prepared to see a very corroded boot floor when you do this. Commonly leaks through the alpine windows soak into the sound deadening and rot the boot floor. Fixable but a chew to do properly.

Yes as MJG says take the carpet up and there is an access panel in the floor held in with self tapping screws, you only need to take that out to see it :)

Carpet is a PITA to get out though...

had carpet up self tappers well rusted but gave in to mole grips the pipes from sender look ok no damp spots etc cleaned and covered in grease replaced self tappers my next idea is to replace the rubbers in the sediment bowl its not a lot of air so maybe the tiny oring on the bolt that holds it toghether ill try this in the week