Clutch problems

Bomag

Got a problem with my S2a, the clutch has stuck in the disengaged position.

The engine is a V8, and the box S3, it had a heavy duty s3 clutch.

All pipes, master and slave have been replaced with genuine parts.

The clutch has been working fine, but went to use it yesterday and the pedal was solid (in the up position) and theres no drive.

Ive taken the floor, etc out and removed the gearstick so I can look through the cover hole. The thrust bearing is right in the forward position, which would explain no drive, but it wont be forced back.

Any ideas? I'll remove the slave tonight and see if that allows it to engage properly.

as u say, remove the slave and see if the thrust bearing moves, if not it sounds like the thrust bearing maybe stuck on its slide, although this would normally get stuck in the rearward position.

I think the strangest thing is that the clutch is disengaged but the pedal is up and hard (zero movement), if the pedal was down it would make more sense.

Can you push the slave cylinder pushrod and piston back up into the cylinder with your fingers? If not try loosening the bleed screw.

bill.

[quote name='Bomag' date='May 21 2007, 11:39 AM' post='149596'

All pipes, master and slave have been replaced with genuine parts.

Hi check the m/c push rod for free play sounds like its not clearing the piston when released causing it to pump up to where you are now

HTH

Steveb

Its the slave, have disconnected the hydraulics and the clutch pedal drops no problem. Will have a look at the slave to see if it can be repaired, otherwise I'll pick up a new one at the ALRC this weekened.