Confused - Which gearbox oil

AQM,

ATF,

MTF 94

I've got 5 litres of Comma spec stuff for the PAS box, can I just throw this in?

I went through this last week as it seems the Haynes manual might not be accurate......(But to be fair it does only go up to 1995 vehicles?????? so that might be why)

Up to 1995, use ATF

post 1995, use MTF

HTH

James

Up to 1995, use ATF

post 1995, use MTF

HTH

James

I seem to recall reading (on this forum?) that it's not dependent on the year of the vehicle - but that the service instruction changed in 95.. . Or was it all a dream?

TS

Taken from Ashcrofts site.

What oil should I use in my LT77 gearbox?

We recommend ATF Dextron 2 or 3.

So I'm going with that as they should know, unless its a cunning plan to get more work mwahhhahahaha!!!

Taken from Ashcrofts site.

What oil should I use in my LT77 gearbox?

We recommend ATF Dextron 2 or 3.

So I'm going with that as they should know, unless its a cunning plan to get more work mwahhhahahaha!!!

Nearly all ATFs are Dextron 2 or 3 compatible

Evolution1

This is the stuff I used in my LT77 gearbox. It is expensive but it makes an amazing difference and well worth it.

G.

A difference like being able to get into first when stationary without selecting another gear first? Do you think it's worth me giving it a try or is my box beyond hope?

TwoSheds

My gearbox was awkward to get into second (usual LT77 problem) and it cured that and helped improve the whole box. My latest LR 90 a '92 200tdi has a LT77 fitted as well and it feels sticky as well. I have just ordered more Evolution 1 and am pretty confident that it will make the box far smoother. I also found the box continued to improve over the following few weeks.

G.

My gearbox was awkward to get into second (usual LT77 problem) and it cured that and helped improve the whole box. My latest LR 90 a '92 200tdi has a LT77 fitted as well and it feels sticky as well. I have just ordered more Evolution 1 and am pretty confident that it will make the box far smoother. I also found the box continued to improve over the following few weeks.

G.

That's fantastic! Thanks :) I'll get some on order when I get back from my hols...

TwoSheds