EuroChallenge 2007

najw

It bothers me that a company that has such bad ethics are getting advertising on this forum

I specifically opened my first post with the line

'Members of the All Wheel Drive Club, Kirton Off Road Centre and Northern Counties Greenlaners will be joining forces with Scorpion Racing'

I don't see that as advertising any company, merely stating the facts.

You will notice I didn't head the thread 'The S R EuroChallenge 2007' to give the event its correct full name, precisely to try and prevent this turning into another Scorpion bashing thread.

If its the case that the Moderators would prefer not to see any reference to S R on this forum then I think you should openly state this so we all know where we stand.

I don't work for the company concerned, they are a sponsor that I work WITH to maximise the exposure and potential of the events I organise.

Yes it may look a little expensive, but even this price does not compare to the entrance fees of at least two of the more well known French events, which could only be classed as glorified green lane events (but can be difficult in places)………….and before you ask …….. yes, I have done both in the dim and distant past………….

Another comparison would be one of the club off road long weekend events run by Brian Hartley on private land in Scotland……… these events were this sort of price 7 years ago.

From a personal point of view I applaud the fact that Neil and the AWDC team are promoting our sport and if it takes the participation of a sponsor like S/R to further the cause, then so be it.

There is a big difference between hanging a few punches out in a forest on a Saturday and organising a spectator-orientated fully inclusive event like this.

Neil I only have an issue with this comment…………….. size is relative and those that are providing one day challenges are doing a sterling service to the sport and this effort should be recognized and not belittled………..

I wish Neil, the AWDC, and Kirton off Road all the best with this innovative venture ………..

:)

Ian

Neil I only have an issue with this comment…………….. size is relative and those that are providing one day challenges are doing a sterling service to the sport and this effort should be recognized and not belittled………..

It was not my intention to belittle anybody, I regularly spend my Saturdays hanging punches out for one day events.

My point was that a full service event such as the EuroChallenge requires a whole load of additional factors to be taken into consideration and dealt with.

As a awdc member, when i first saw that this event was a 2 day'er, i entered! as neil has been doing a great job with this year's awdc series .....and for those of you who have not been to one this year....... they are a lot better than the last couple of year's IMVHO........yes i looked at the entry fee! and i still entered.

i don't care who the sponsor is, it's the offroading i'm entered for! As the saying goes, each to their own!

I'll see some of you there..........Divster????????? 2 day's :o:o:o Efi!!!!!!!!!!! ;):lol::lol::lol:

There is a big difference between hanging a few punches out in a forest on a Saturday and organising a spectator-orientated fully inclusive event like this.

Ohh! You big bitch Neil ,

Just to staighten things up a bit , these events are very well organised and sponsered , and very worthy of doing .

BTW Muddy truckers £150 for 3 days and more than a 800 acres

Ohh! You big bitch Neil ,

Just to staighten things up a bit , these events are very well organised and sponsered , and very worthy of doing .

BTW Muddy truckers £150 for 3 days and more than a poxy 800 acres

You obviously missed my Post30 above!

I'm not the one that's bitchin' and I haven't commented on anyone elses events

well, im entering, its certainly going to be one of europe's most prestigious challenge event's and its run by the AWDC so its going to be a proper hardcore challenge event.

AND I THINK ITS GREAT THAT WE GET SPONSORED BY SCORPION RACING, We get free beer,food and prizes too at the awdc events! shock horror did i say that "SCORPION RACING" word again.

well, im entering, its certainly going to be one of europe's most prestigious challenge event's and its run by the AWDC so its going to be a proper hardcore challenge event.

AND I THINK ITS GREAT THAT WE GET SPONSORED BY SCORPION RACING, We get free beer,food and prizes too at the awdc events! shock horror did i say that "SCORPION RACING" word again.

So you did

Just out of interest what other prestigious hard core European events are you compering it with?????????????

. When I enter these event's I don't do it out of support for S/R but because I know that Neil, Simon, Carole, Andy, Jo, Phil, Steve & Claire and the rest of the AWDC team will produce another top class event.

;)

Well I'm looking forward to it. Got the Tuesday to Tuesday off work to help set it up..

As Swanny said, I thought this was meant to be a friendly forum??

As i see it £195 is cheap, when you look at the event in the context of a multiday international event.

But if your looking at it as 2 day version of a traditional uk 1 day "hunt the punch" event then it could be seen as expensive.

;)

As Swanny said, I thought this was meant to be a friendly forum??

It is a friendly forum but you know how it is. Someone starts a spitting contest and spectators and opponents come out of the woodwork

is this secret code?

No it's no code, as Chris is from Norfolk that makes him a Norfolk boody as in Bernard Mathews hense the Bird Flu Hense the a ya got a lite bouy from the ovaltine lite add. Easy really just a bit of harmless banter but I don't think it was taken that way but hey I'm still smiling :D