EuroChallenge 2007

najw

It is a friendly forum but you know how it is. Someone starts a spitting contest and spectators and opponents come out of the woodwork

No it's no code, as Chris is from Norfolk that makes him a Norfolk boody as in Bernard Mathews hense the Bird Flu Hense the a ya got a lite bouy from the ovaltine lite add. Easy really just a bit of harmless banter but I don't think it was taken that way but hey I'm still smiling :D

No harm done mate, we all do it! And yes im a norfolk bouy and Proud of it :D:D

o dear Wroxham

still there are so many cars on the roads these days people in Norfolk have stopped pointing at them

PS I have family in Norfolk so feel able to have a joke

pps they weren't bred there thank goodness :)

that Have you got a light boy (singing postman) is a twonk

still there are so many cars on the roads these days people in Norfolk have stopped pointing at them

Ahhhh but you can still eat the contents if they storp like fresh food in tins it tis :)

My fav was from a mate when I said I woz a Norfokboy.............

He said :

"Don't forget the time difference, when you visit pop yer watch back bout 10 years :)

However, even tho property prices are a hell of a load less they have jumped a tad over the last few years, when I used to visit me dad (before he moved) I am sure the Estate agents wondered why there was a bloke sobbing outside their windows on some saturdays :(

Haven't been now for years and years, but grew up there, the bridge at wroxham fell in the river, the army placed a "temp" bridge..........ramp up falt ramp down........... and 20 years later it was still there :)

Nige

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't been now for years and years, but grew up there, the bridge at wroxham fell in the river, the army placed a "temp" bridge..........ramp up falt ramp down........... and 20 years later it was still there :)

Nige

Well what a small world as i have just moved from Cheshire to Norfolk and i am now living within walking distance of said bridge. B)

With regards to the challenge event i am hoping to put in a late entry due to time issues. I know it will be a great event as my experience of all the people involved has always been good as they are a very supportive bunch and without them i probably would never have entered any events but would have remained an armchair critic.

• 1 month later...

Well i picked up/was given.... ''thanks Lee'' one of the event program's at the billing show on sunday. All i've got to say is.... don't believe a word that's been printed about myself and pigster, we are a very quite well mannered, well oil'd/slick team, who never have a bad word to say to each other.......raise our voice's....... us never! ;):unsure::lol:

Ps.......Neil, 1996!!!!!! :o:P

£200 is a lot for a standard weekend of mud plugging but doesn't seem excessive, especially as this seems to be part of a wider European series - if you can afford to drive round Europe competing you can afford £200 to enter. If you don't like the price, don't enter, there are plenty of other events about.

It's funny, some people will bitch about £200 entry fee but boast about blowing up hundreds of pounds worth of drivetrain components in a morning as some sort of proof of their extreme credentials :rolleyes:

The facilities sound good, the organisation sounds like the way forward - spectators being thought about for once which could actually help bring these events into the realm of other forms of motorsport. Whether that's a good thing or not is open to debate and careful guidance by organisers, but pushing the sport forwards has got to be worth a try (and god nows anything's more exciting than F1 these days), spectators make sponsors happy, sponsors make better events possible, better events mean more spectators/interest...

How the ca$h prize affects sportsmanship remains to be seen, I would hope people would be big enough to still help each other out if needed.

If this takes off then I hope the events are organised in such a way that the "little guys" aren't priced out, currently off-roading benefits from being one of the easiest and cheapest forms of motorsport to get into and I would hate to see people priced out by big boys chasing big prize money.

Yes the main sponsor sucks, but if they're putting money into an event surely the cash is better off there than laying in their bank account or buying yet more f***ing advertising space in LRO. Don't eat their burgers if you object. It would be nice to have the option to compete without their stickers all over your truck though - you can do this at Ladoga it just costs more to enter without the sponsorship, which also makes people aware of just how much they're being subsidised.

I have never organized an event but I do know that very few things are free in this life. I am maybe being 2 faced but I would rather have an unpopular sponsor and be able to hold an event than not have it. Relying on volunteers is a risky way to ensure safety on site and provide services we all like to see (and use :D ). £200 is a lot of money but maybe it is not supposed to be your weekend "playday".... :huh: ? Site looks good; £10 for spectators is bit steep (could a burger be included in the price? ;) ).... maybe this is the so called “neccessery evil"????

:ph34r:

This is the Entry List as at 27/07/07

Alan Kemp Dafydd Belton

Adrian Turner Richard Weatherley

Dave Sharp TBA

Eric Toyne James Toyne

Zoltan Guzi John Bazley

Freddie Rothwell Chris Hunter

Mark Wilson Lee Marchant

Steve Jeffries Pete Cooper

Richard Nicolson Nik Tall

Andy Nash Dominique Brione

Robert Jones Gwyn Lewis

Sue Gawne Kevin Moss

Mark Gadsby Chris Bryant

Chris Abel Tom Butler

Steve Lait Nick Slade

Dave Herrington Peter Herrington

Jim Marsden Brendan Hill

Paul Bass TBA

Chris Oulds Simon Roberts

Elwyn Griffiths Ryan Gethin

Simon Wilkinson Leigh Brown

Peter Jackson Richard Norris

John Sales Tom Booth

Glyn Yates Barrie Gee

Mark Birch TBA

Craig Howard Malcolm Burman

Daniel Furniss Lee Bond

Lewis Bullock Si Oakden

Oliver Broussart Eric Magniez

Maxime Blanquart Antoine Blanquart

J-Daniel Hembert Bruno Magnier

Vincent Taverne Fredirick van Deurnen

Any further UK entrants will now go on a reserve list and will be offered a place if there are non-UK spaces still available at the entry deadline of 31/8/07.

It would be great to have some additional continental competition so if you have any contacts overseas please let them know about the event or pass their contact details onto me and I will get in touch directly.

• 4 weeks later...

It doesnt look like my car will be ready in time either - does anyone want to buy my entry, or are refunds available Neil?

I'm gutted - I was looking forward to lining up along side europes best and falling flat on my face :o:lol:

How do you know its not going to be ready - You've got 6 weeks yet :o :o

I dunno, glass always half empty...

Seriously Lewis you can get a full refund before 1st Sept, just speak to the people you paid :ph34r: :ph34r:

It doesnt look like my car will be ready in time either - does anyone want to buy my entry, or are refunds available Neil?

I'm gutted - I was looking forward to lining up along side europes best and falling flat on my face :o:lol:

How do you know its not going to be ready - You've got 6 weeks yet :o :o

I dunno, glass always half empty...

Seriously Lewis you can get a full refund before 1st Sept, just speak to the people you paid :ph34r: :ph34r:

Theres no axles, no steering, no suspension, no brakes, 23 inches missing from the front of the chassis, no wiring loom, no recovery kit, no bodywork, - the only functional system on the car is the winches :o

In the past I would have thought "yeah no problem" but with the experience gained from getting Andrews car built I now can say for sure that there is more work than 5 weekends and 1 week can give me. I'll make my final decision on the 31st of August but its not looking good

I really shouldnt have taken the car apart again :rolleyes:

right that does it... I am not competing unless someone changes my name on the list... It is never spelt correctly.. very annoying. weatherly... not weatherley.....

grrr.. Adrian you tell them - no one listens to me..

Alan Kemp Dafydd Belton

Dave Sharp TBA

Eric Toyne James Toyne

Zoltan Guzi John Bazley

Mark Wilson Lee Marchant

Robert Jones Gwyn Lewis

Sue Gawne Kevin Moss

Mark Gadsby Chris Bryant

Chris Abel Tom Butler

Steve Lait Nick Slade

Jim Marsden Brendan Hill

Paul Bass TBA

John Sales Tom Booth

Glyn Yates Barrie Gee

Mark Birch TBA

Daniel Furniss Lee Bond

Lewis Bullock Si Oakden

Any further UK entrants will now go on a reserve list and will be offered a place if there are non-UK spaces still available at the entry deadline of 31/8/07.

It would be great to have some additional continental competition so if you have any contacts overseas please let them know about the event or pass their contact details onto me and I will get in touch directly.

right that does it... I am not competing unless someone changes my name on the list... It is never spelt correctly.. very annoying. weatherly... not weatherley.....

grrr.. Adrian you tell them - no one listens to me..

Sorry my fault - any chance you could change your name?

It would make life easier...

Alan Kemp Dafydd Belton

Adrian Turner Richard Weatherly

Dave Sharp TBA

Eric Toyne James Toyne

Zoltan Guzi John Bazley

Mark Wilson Lee Marchant

Robert Jones Gwyn Lewis

Sue Gawne Kevin Moss

Mark Gadsby Chris Bryant

Chris Abel Tom Butler

Steve Lait Nick Slade

Jim Marsden Brendan Hill

Paul Bass TBA

John Sales Tom Booth

Glyn Yates Barrie Gee

Mark Birch TBA

Daniel Furniss Lee Bond

Lewis Bullock Si Oakden

Alan Kemp Dafydd Belton

Dave Sharp TBA

Eric Toyne James Toyne

Zoltan Guzi John Bazley

Mark Wilson Lee Marchant

Robert Jones Gwyn Lewis

Sue Gawne Kevin Moss

Mark Gadsby Chris Bryant

Chris Abel Tom Butler

Steve Lait Nick Slade

Jim Marsden Brendan Hill

Paul Bass TBA

John Sales Tom Booth

Glyn Yates Barrie Gee

Mark Birch TBA

Daniel Furniss Lee Bond

Lewis Bullock Si Oakden

Can you add me to the reserve list Graham Fuller and Andrew Warren ;)