Front dislocation

I managed to dislocate a front spring last night.

Jubilee clips or some form of relocation called for? Discuss...

Will :)

How ?

Rear Ok, but front :huh: - jeez !

well done, please say what you set up is, sounds good !

Seriously I am puzzled here, fronts normally are fine, as the shocker holds it in and the radius arms don't exactly allow the flex we all wnat, have you modified anything in some way inc changing the shocks

To Fix, you have them clmaped at the base, jubille clip on the tops, but as I say well puzzled as to how you mnaged this !

Nige

Either a very good setup or a very poor one. I know someone who had a std 110 just with +2 shocks and "orange" +2 springs. The springs were so poor that they dislocated and jammed everything up everytime he went over anything more adventurous than a kerb! Eveytime he got on something a bit rough the weighted wheel would refuse to go up and the wheel on the opposite side would just drop of the end of a spring that never seemed to grow in length.

its nothing special, britpart +1.5" front springs and pro-comp dampers with inch lower turrets. measuring from the arch edge it reached the damper extreme at 25 7/8" to the wheel centre. upward movement seems fine, I haven't ramped it to make sure it reaches the bump stops before the dampers stop it though which is a bit silly. Must do that asap, and definately before any more silly offroad stuff.

I think jubilee clips will lose me about an inch of droop, but if theres no load on the wheel then so what :)

britpart +1.5" front springs ................ with inch lower turrets

Well that sound like your problem. Don't britpart springs achive the lift by being stifff rather than long? So a not very flexy spring and a lowered shock mount is going to lead to dislocation.

Well that sound like your problem. Don't britpart springs achive the lift by being stifff rather than long? So a not very flexy spring and a lowered shock mount is going to lead to dislocation.

Britpart 4202's are 390mm, 15.3" long, same as a OME 751, so not shorter than most. Agrre about point on articulation though. If the shock/travel is long enough then spring can dislocate on standard radius arms and bushes.

What shocks are you running Will? I assume it was your passenger side that popped out. When I was running 4202's with -2" mounts and +2 DeCarbon's my nearside would just start to dislocate too. That was with stock radius arms and bushes.

Cheers

Steve

about 3/4" too short Mark ;)

I will jubilee clip them. I can't see the 3/4" loss in droopyness will worry me too much at the moment.

You shouldn't lose 3/4" as spring will expand slightly

Cheers

Steve

good point Steve :)

+2 pro-comps or the record.

yep n/s popped

That'll be your problem then Will - haven't you got lowered turrets on the front as well?

I'm running a similar setup to you - also +2" procomp shocks on the front - but with standard height turrets. The front spring just starts to dislocate (about 1/4" of clearance) at full droop.

Matt