The FlyingSpanners Ladoga '07 Blog Thread

Well I'm too slack to set up a blog/livejournal type affair so on the rather hopeful assumption that we can get to an internet whilst in Russia I've decided to post up whatever we can in this thread instead.

Right now I haven't finished packing and am late :rolleyes: so will type more later as I get the chance!

this could be as ot was last year, thin onthe ground for web access so i sent my mother texts and she duly posted them onto various forums for me

You do the same with pictures also, so you have no excuses now

alas picture messaging seems to fail across internationalness?!?! i been trying trust me. some rubbish about networks not having an "agreement" to send/receive pictures from/to other networks in other places.

well we're off! Fridge, mrs Jez and me in the 109 and Dan and Mrs Dan in the tr1 rangie with a big yellow thing on a trailer flailing along behind them. The m25 is a lot of fun just watching peoples faces as they nail it past and then stamp on the brakes to take a nose. The day didnt start well as Dans visa arrived first post- unfortunately in a letter box 160 miles north of the lab! (thanks Dans dad for doing the high speed mercy run). Only got a couple of hours to make the ferry but the miles are clocking by as i type so fingers crossed!

well we're off! Fridge, mrs Jez and me in the 109 and Dan and Mrs Dan in the tr1 rangie with a big yellow thing on a trailer flailing along behind them. The m25 is a lot of fun just watching peoples faces as they nail it past and then stamp on the brakes to take a nose. The day didnt start well as Dans visa arrived first post- unfortunately in a letter box 160 miles north of the lab! (thanks Dans dad for doing the high speed mercy run). Only got a couple of hours to make the ferry but the miles are clocking by as i type so fingers crossed!

Some pics of youre convoy would be nice

Well, popped down to Harwich to see everyone off last night, I even borrowed my brothers digi camera to take some pic's, met up with petergg & mrs P......so we waited and chatted................

......then went and had a coffee whilst watching some canadian guys riding round on a penny farthing bike :blink::blink: ..............

22.15............mmmmmmmm wonder where they are................

......some time later......no one left in the entry lanes.......

.....hark is that a 4.6? they rolled in with 10mins to spare & we had to persuade the gate monkeys to let us have a quick hello to everyone as they were keen to get them in as the boat was loading :lol: . Was good to meet even if brief. The 109 looked great ....the vapour archs fit the 900's perfectly :P .....Petal looked well like Petal really B)

Hope you all have a wild trip.

......Bet you're all thinking lets see some pic's then............errrrrr

......it seems I forgot to take the SD card....... :angry: ...they would have been great shots tho ,the convoy looked good Dan & mrs D's 2 door RRC looked a bit small between the 109 in front & Petal on a trailer.

Cheers

Steveb .......in a technological spin......... <_<

Worried!

A ) FF leaving the country, I must check my shiny bits.

B ) FF can go on, and on, and on about the contents of a half filled skip - what the fooks he gonna be like after a trip like this?

C ) Good Luck chaps. x

:)

N.

A few pics from today,

Team pose

DSCF2038.jpg

John

DSCF2034.jpg

Jez (after a good wash :D )

DSCF2036.jpg

Mrs Dan

DSCF2033.jpg

Petal posing

DSCF2042.jpg

Fat car on fatter trailer

DSCF2048.jpg

Part of the series concours line up

DSCF2022.jpg

Very nice string purchased from the only supplier worth using Ruftraks

DSCF2046.jpg

Thanks to the Barnard family for feeding us and supplying unlimited quantities of beer, their Mitsubishi Pajero is ready to go. heading out in convoy tomorrow heading for Rostock

Edit: Ooops, this is Fridge signed in as Dan on Leo's PC :unsure: just in case you thought Dan had suddenly become more coherent :lol:

Update: We eat food, drink Leo's beer and now sleepytime :D Mrs Leo makes a mean lasagne :wub:

In less serious news Jez's Toughbook seems to be faulty (as if it's had a hard life or something?) but Dave H is racking up yet more superhero gold stars by getting a spare out to us.

Despite unprecedented levels of ribbing about buying shares in Esso I have gone from Southampton to New Amsterdam on 1 1/2 tanks of fuel - OK it's not smart car territory but IMHO it's not doing too badly for a 4.6 V8 with a ton of stuff in the back. Dan helpfully moved "all the heavy stuff" :blink: from his car to the 109 using the poor excuse that he is towing Petal. He's also being rather cocky about our average speed, but only until we go uphill :lol:

Tweaks this afternoon were mainly mounting extra cig lighter sockets to take the GPS & tablet PC & CB & amp & mains inverter and and and... sticky velcro is a wonderful thing :D I also had to join a GPS mouse to Dan's tablet PC using only moss and sticks but it worked in the end.

Oh and everyone I gave my temporary mobile number to you need to use 00 in front of it to make it work from the UK as it's a foreign SIM card.

Tomorrow's drive is from here to Rostock, ~500km at ~50mph it's going to be a looong day :mellow:

This is gonna be an interesting thread :D

Had a phone call from Fridge last night in the middle of me dinner (that boy has no concideration!! :lol: ) I too took the mick a bit about how much fuel he'd used... 1+1/2 tanks but he's done hundreds and hundreds of miles. (but most of them were on a ferry! :lol:)

He sounded well happy and jolly excited, so thats a good thing!

Good luck to ya chaps... looking forward to the next installment :)

latest developments...

Apparently Dan, thats DirtyDiesel Dan, not me... has a loose nut problem! :ph34r: He parted company with one of his wheels on a german autobahn today :o

Not to worry tho, petal is ok ;)(as is everyone else), but I have a sneaky suspicion everyone will be out checking each other nuts tonight!! :lol:

The Rangie is ok, they just need a new plastic hub cab thingy which The Stig will be taking to them later in the week... oh, and some wheel nuts :rolleyes:

Get the latest news here, as we hear it! ;)

Dan :)