The FlyingSpanners Ladoga '07 Blog Thread

awesome! I loved the video, and I hope to see more of Petal in the Ladoga 2008 DVD :D

The HOFS website looks much better, too :D

Any chance of the pics being hosted as a slide show? I'm pretty lazy .... point, click, it opens in a new tab, I view it, I close it, I look at the next one.........yeah, I said I'm lazy! :D

I'd host the whole batch with Porta (a free Flash viewer) if you'd send it to me :D

Looks like this:

http://www.kyrias.com/deepmud/aug%2001%20album/

the cool part is while you are looking at the first few pics, the whole batch is downloading in the background.

How'd the camera crew get around? that's pretty impressive terrain to cover while doing video. Good job!

footage is whatever people had on "still" digital cameras (hence the 70's quality) and was taken usually at the one end of a stage or the other :huh: . All the vid cameras died a horrible death - one died in under 20 minutes when we went out to set the damping in a sand pit in St Petes, the others lasted about an hour a piece before vibration finished them off, the only one that survived was an Oregon Scientific memory card thing LINKY, its sound sucked but you can beat the living daylights out of it and it kept on going :)

When the official Club DVD comes out I'll get one over to AK for you (can you burn a copy out for Grant please?)

It was really hard to get a decent footage of the stages - a mini adventure really!!

First we needed to find a track accessible by Kay's 4x4 as close as possible to the special stage and then it was walkies!! sometimes up to 3-4 km in a pretty rough terrain with plenty of natural canals created by beavers, woods destroyed by logging machines and big rocks. We had to do big detours as we did not fancy swimming and of course the place was infested by midges and moose flies. :wacko: But you never knew what the track will look like when you get there so we were just taking chances. And also we never knew if the cars have been past or not.

Another interesting game was "find you way back to the car again" - scarier as the GPS did not wanted to work under tree coverage. :angry: ( I did not like that bit at all :(