The FlyingSpanners Ladoga '07 Blog Thread

****, good work Jez and Kim. To be fair who gives a carp about time penalties in a situation like that. Shame though, sounds like they're doing bloody excellently in 3rd place B) :D See? First aid knowledge is very important, especially if it provides an opportunity for the rest of your crew to look stupid on tele!! lol! ;):lol:

Shame about Dan, but good news about FF's 109 :)

Can't wait for more updates.

Hopefully the organisers will recognise what they did and react accordingly.

Top marks to our boys for doing the right thing. :i-m_so_happy:

Spirit of the event award perhaps?

Thats right Bish....a spirit of the leg, rally, event is normally given at the final prize givings.

Petals' well put together by the look of it and lets hope that the other vehicles in front drop back abit giving the lads the oppertunity to catch up abit.

To finish first....first you have to finish.

Just don't over do it and try to beat your selves.

How many other entrants from UK made it out there? Any ideas?

All the best to everyone out there, keep an eye on ma wee laddie, a see he's got his medication wi him. I can't see him pullin any nice lassies wi that net suit on, but at least it stops me bein a granny too soon. Well done Jez, I knew ye were a good sort. A BIG 'good luck' fi Scotland and enjoy yer wee trip.

I called JU tonight ………………..as I understand it Jez is in forth or fifth. He has suffered a time penalty for his life saving efforts :angry: but JU tells me there is talk of a drivers appeal against it,with huge support from the Russian team.

The driver that he brought back from unconscious was Estonian and one of their top drivers ……… I was told his mane but a) I cant remember it and B) if I could remember it , I certainly wouldn’t be able to spell it :lol: …………the Estonian guy is now fine and fully recovered.

JU’s truck is doing fine ………… our green lanes cause less damage then Rusky roads !

More tomorrow night ……………I kept the call short because its not a UK registered phone ............. ;)

:)

Ian

Yup - we got a call from FF last night at the Shire's meet. I thought this Ladoga stuff was meant to be hard but JU was sat on a beach on a lake watching the sun set and the odd car racing by! :rolleyes:;):lol:

The chap that Jez snogged is still alive and kicking, he would probably be grateful, but then again, if Jez snogged you would you be grateful?! ;):D

We already know that Petal finished 4th yesterday, what else? JU (FF) is having to tighten his nuts everyday, apparently the russian motorways are like the perimeter track at 7 sisters... still, he certainly sounded like he was buzzin'! :)

3or4 more days of racing left (he wasn't sure bless him), I think it's all a bit of a blur! :lol:

The chap that Jez snogged is still alive and kicking,

he would probably be grateful,

but then again, if Jez snogged you would you be grateful?

PMSL :hysterical:

Just think tho................ :blink:

If Jez has done this to an 'almost dead blokey',

just think what he will do to you :moglite: when he reads your comment.

Nige :lol:

The chap that Jez snogged is still alive and kicking, he would probably be grateful, but then again, if Jez snogged you would you be grateful?! ;):D

I geuss Mrs Jez is grateful?

Sounds like Fridge needs a russian lady :ph34r: , to help keep his nuts tight too? :o

Knowing fridge, and that he is built like a racing snake, he probably needs a russian woman to put some weight behind his torque wrench!!!! :blink:

Text from James, it reads;

Jez is now in 7th overall. Car performing really well with no big problems. Dan and Charlotte are not racing anymore and his Range Rover is looking a little worse for wear, he has lost a n/s rear wing, broken passenger door window and mullered the door. Roof is very curved now as well as having bent his steering bar big style.

This text was rcd. at 11.49 on 8th June

Just spoke to Jez & JU in deepest Ladoga forrest ……….. with James in the background ……..all a bit Mildly miffed I think….

Jez is knackered and sounded very tired …………..he was telling me he could have done without the life saving effort………. I pointed out to him that seeing his mug coming to wards you is enough to make the dead get up and run ! :lol:

Currently due to some time corrections with other teams, the Jez truck is still in fourth place and going OK…………..

I passed on James mum’s comment for James to behave himself as she is too young to be a grandma just yet ! :hysterical:

Keep on rolling guys ………… you are doing us proud :D

Ian

Another text fi James just in;

Mega hooray. This morning we checked results and after yesterdays race we are now lying in third! with some luck we can move up.

Best of luck to Jez and co. I'm sending good luck vibes their way, I'll post future text as they come in. Thanks for the posting Ian, it's good to get news from the swamp. I'm glad you got the message to James about avoiding grannydom for me, what with Jez on a snogging spree I don't want things getting out of hand. Are you sure they sounded drunk ? It seems so unlike them!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just had James and Jez on the phone, 3rd, it's a result and an awfy good one at that. Petal has been decorated in pink ribbon and tassles (These boys know what to pack) James and Jez sound dead chuffed, they are very emotional in a yahoo type of way and I think they are in for a long night. Photos soon I hope.

I'm awfy pleased for them, I'd even forgive James if he produced a grandbairn as a result of his celebrations.

Anne

Terrific result .................. I know hat Jez would have been really pleased just to finish ;) ................. but to finish in third place, he must be over the moon.................

An absolutely outstanding result for a western European in an event that is dominated by Eastern block countries .............. first class

Well done Flying spanners .............:i-m_so_happy:

Ian

What a fantastic result, just to finish is such an achievement but to keep up the pace for a whole week in a vehicle straight out of the workshop ....you all did such a great job 3rd place o/a SUPERB result :D . I'm sure the buzz must be sooooo goood

:P

Steveb mmmmmm DVD