The FlyingSpanners Ladoga '07 Blog Thread

Congratulations to the team!!

Does anyone know if Petal is coming home, or when the team is due back at Harwich? It'd be good to sort a welcoming party.

HI THERE

I beleave PETAL is staying over there in a friends garage.

Chris & I were drinking with the Shire Club at Eastnor on Sat night when the phone call arrived from John. It was impressive the way everyone was on tender-hooks to see what was happening, the excitement and the cheering.

I for one am very proud to be associated with you all - and the faces of all the Shire Club members said the same.

Fantastic!

Si

and the faces of all the Shire Club members said the same.

So, so true B) You can't help but get 'emotionally involved' with the whole thing when you see how much effort went into the prep alone. Si put's it much more eloquently than I ever could for a Monday morning :huh::lol:

I think a few of the Shire camp are now aiming for Russia 2009! :o:ph34r::lol:

Was SS3 where the kissin' was going on ?

Jez's time there was three hours off the pace for that stage.

If's and but's don't count, but if that time was on-course with the other front runners, you would have bought home the big pot

If's and but's don't count, but if that time was on-course with the other front runners, you would have bought home the big pot

I guess that says it all really.

Thoroughly well done guys! Very glad all your hard work paid off.

I've been wearing my T-shirt almost non-stop (in lieu of doing actually useful to help!). Time for a wash methinks...

Think I'll have a flutter on you guys winning next year! I like those odds! ;)

Cheers, Al.

:)

drove straight through from last camp to Helsinki via two blood bath RTAs.. dumped petal in Kimples barn and invaded Mila and James flat along with Benny and Leo (our Dutch Tourist class lads) leaving Charlotte, Dan and Fridge in comatosed state sleeping in Kims barn. few hours kip makes a big difference, now Mrs and Jez and I are trying to work out how to get back to the UK :ph34r: but thats a minor difficulty :)

as an aside we were given the slowest time of the day for SS3 because technically we didnt finish the stage, Ive got no problem with that personally - the organisers of the race have been fair with us and deserve praise for being even handed, my friend Prit is still alive and will see his son again - thats all that matters to me :) (ah and we did get a special thankyou - we get free entry next year hehehe)

We' ve proved that the Frogs can be beaten, money CANT buy you tinware all the time and Orange Frog (Frog 2) now has some yellow flecks of paint to go with the dents that prove this is a contact sport ;) Green Frog got itself pushed out of the way along with 5 tonnes of swamp just to add insult to injury :)

Proto racing is insane, and now we are starting to get a clue what needs to be built - 5th gear high box sideways on 40x18 boggers and portals at speeds comp safari boys would be pretty happy with, capable of 2 metre vertical drop offs, winching for as long as a long thing with an extension, happy to be airborne more time than not for a variety of reasons, but still easy to use, easy to drive, submersible, simple, comfortable and brutally reliable in situations that would rendor a £50k catalogue queen into schrapnel within one special stage - next year............ bring it on

always takes a few weeks to get my head back to normal after Ladoga, random highlights flash into my mind 10kms of swamp and the nearest anything more than 500m in any one direction - Roopes 750hp Formula offroad engined Jeep was something to behold, taking the p*ss out of the frogs as they dont drive the competion and still getting to bash their bumpers was mint - the team, tired, smiling, laughing and still slogging away and the little man himself - Kim, almost 18 inches of Finnish courage and sheer determination, with a constant idiotic grin, how far.........how long.............how fast? and of course Prit, breathing again on his own, I'll trade you 3 hours of my time for that anyday - thats victory to me.

Looking forward to getting back to the UK - got a lot of people to say thanks to :)