Discovery SRS rotary coupler

Guest MJG

Had the fault codes read yesterday on one of our vehicles - a 2001 td5 Discovery.

This was following an occassional triggering of the SRS warning light.

Seems the SRS rotary coupler is the culprit and that this is not an uncomon fault.

Putting aside the argument we are expecting regarding wether the supplier will fix it, if we do end updoing it has anybody in here done it before and would they care to offer any tips. The description in the Haynes manual makes it sound/look pretty straightforward but they have done on other jobs too and they have been a pig.

Cheers folks-

Had the fault codes read yesterday on one of our vehicles - a 2001 td5 Discovery.

This was following an occassional triggering of the SRS warning light.

Seems the SRS rotary coupler is the culprit and that this is not an uncomon fault.

Putting aside the argument we are expecting regarding wether the supplier will fix it, if we do end updoing it has anybody in here done it before and would they care to offer any tips. The description in the Haynes manual makes it sound/look pretty straightforward but they have done on other jobs too and they have been a pig.

Cheers folks-

Hi,

I've replaced the rotary coupler in my mums Rover 200 before now and I've changed the steering wheel on the Sandbags Disco (which is only a couple of screw different) and it was fairly straightforward.

Remember the safety issues with the airbag and treat it with respect and you should be OK. Remember it contains a pyrotechnic charge gas generator.

Regards

Scrumps