Engine putting coolant into cylinder????

A few of you may have seen my thread about putting nissan diffs in my mates disco. But now, we are nearly finished. BUT, he left it at my house for a week last week, and when we went to go and get it from up the back it wouldnt turn over. Jumper leads, and a new battery didnt make a difference. And it wouldnt crash start. I eventually said "pull the plugs" so we did, and the drivers side left cylinder was full of coolant. I know it is not good, but what could it be?

Im thinking best case head gasket and worse case cylinder lining. The compression test we did showed all the cylinders at around 150psi. No significant drop on any of them. What could it be?

If it was either the front or rear cylinder of the bank then it most likely to be the head gasket as the head/block water jackets are in these positions………….. but if it has done this whilst being stationary then I would also have expected the cylinder pressure to be low on the offending cylinder.

Generally liner problems only become apparent when the engine is running………..

:)

Ian