fitting buket seats

hello,

im fitting bucket seats at the moment and was all excited until after about 30 secs i realised there was going to be an issue with getting to the batteries. my thoughts are: to weld on a couple of hinges at the front of the runners so that when the back bolts are undone on the runners, the seats will lean forward and give me enough room to get at the compartment. any thoughts/pictures would be really helpful

thanks, matt

A solution is to secure batteries properly, then install anderson connector(s) to connect to the batteries for jump starting etc.

It's not like you need access to the batteries every day, though i don't know what's involved with scruntineering in this situation.

Relocate your batteries to the rear.

No problems with access then.

Make sure you use 0 Gauge wiring when you wire it in.

will check msa book if you want to see what it says, but im pretty sure (if you want this info) that the seats will have to be secure on all sides, i know you cant have them fixed on sliders for competition use but maybe in a Lr for say local club trials this maybe different as they permit the use of std seats.

as LANDYMANLUKE says, fit a set of HDconnectors to your batteries then you can jump start easy, you would be better having your own jump leadas with you though as not everyone will carry them suitabl for a socket like

thanks for the responses. was chatting to someone today and they mentioned anderson connectors. think i might go with this idea as the batteries are secured properly and its less hassle to pop one on than relocate and lose space in the rear. does anyone know where you can get hold of the connectors fairly easily?

thanks for the responses. was chatting to someone today and they mentioned anderson connectors. think i might go with this idea as the batteries are secured properly and its less hassle to pop one on than relocate and lose space in the rear. does anyone know where you can get hold of the connectors fairly easily?

vehicle wiring products as found here

www.vehicle-wiring-products.co.uk

or ebay no doubt

Another source for heavy duty connectors are places that service forlift trucks, battery suppliers etc.

My mate got me a set the other week that are just as good as the Anderson type....and much cheaper.