07 110 XS

Congrats - I've just got back from Cornwall and mine has now done about 700 miles, lovely for long journeys.

Should have poped in for coffee :D

Out of interest, do you get quite a bit of induction ? noise through the air intake on the r/h wing at tick over ??

Anyone else with the later puma engined defender ?? could they check please ?

Mine is quite noticeable, as thought the air intake is restricted in some way :o

Makes it feel like its alive... Whenever I passenger in Ralph's 200tdi, you can hear its heavy breathing through the intake! Your dealers will think you're mad if you say your new 110 is Asthmatic. :rolleyes:

I've had an e-mail from Silvio in Rome to say that you have to be careful off-road (in a Defender!) because the distance from the prop shaft to the sump is less than the distance from the axle to the bump stops. He saw a brand new Defender in a garage awaiting a new sump. Maybe the bulge in the bonnet should be bigger and the engine mounted higher. I must say I find this hard to believe, but LR are capable of anything.

Had it on a lift yesterday, and i thought the sump is quite high up, certainly compared to the hybrid, can not say i noticed the axle/bump stops relationship etc,

Mog,, noisy you say ?? mmm, was quite noticeable today, down some high hedge lanes with the window down !! sounds like a valve of some sort in there,, best i have a delve tomorrow :unsure:

I opened the window and tried listening this morning - I think I can hear what you're on about, but it may be me imagining it as it didn''t seem very noticable.

Having read this thread again I'll try 40 mph in 5th. Def seems quiet on tickover.

I can hear the intake noise at just above tickover - noticed it in traffic yesterday, don't seem to get it at 45mph in 5th though.

My brake pads are still rattling though - looks like I may need to get them changed.

I've had an e-mail from Silvio in Rome to say that you have to be careful off-road (in a Defender!) because the distance from the prop shaft to the sump is less than the distance from the axle to the bump stops. He saw a brand new Defender in a garage awaiting a new sump. Maybe the bulge in the bonnet should be bigger and the engine mounted higher. I must say I find this hard to believe, but LR are capable of anything.

I just noticed on my TD5 that the front prop shaft is hitting on the bellhousing, the yoke of the prop shaft has marks on it and the casing is a bit mashed, I must admit I was a bit suprised by it.

Tim great looking motor mate, will be interested to see how you find it after getting a few more miles on the clock. The 6 speed box is the big selling point for me, I wonder if you can bolt them up to a TD5.

The 6 speed box is the big selling point for me, I wonder if you can bolt them up to a TD5.

I believe its the second job/project, lined up by Mr Ashcroft :) After the auto conversion

Its not just the choice of 6 ratios, but the box is a lot smoother in operation, the gear changes are now bordering on a being a pleasure !! :lol: Even the other half will be able to drive it ! :o

• 3 weeks later...
How are you getting on with it Tim?

I've just worked out my average fuel consumption so far to be 30mpg - best I've ever seen from a Defender :D

So far so good, no bothers at all :) good mpg figures you have got

Just put 600 miles on,with a trip to the Belgium Ypres rally, towing, , not had a chance to work the consumption out yet, but does tow well, cruising at 65 ish with the trailer on in 6th with only a few drops down for the hills !

How did the rallying go, Tim ?

Mo

Morning Mo

A class win, by over 3 mins on a very tough European championship event ( Ypres 24 hour)

Well pleased with the result :D:i-m_so_happy:

Did not lay a spanner on the car, only problem was cracking the sump pan, on the chase/recce car !!