fuel tank cap

russ1

I have a 200tdi 90, while playing the other day i drove alone a steep side slope and noticed fuel ruining down the side of the panel from the filler cap, thing am thinking is if fuel can get out water can get in.

Has anyone had this problem?

Any way around this?

Thanks again

You shouldn't get any leaking out, the breather should be one way only to replace used fuel with air. Any leak should be tiny though, so if it's a lot, then perhaps the seal has had it. If it is the seal, then a good trick is turn it over.

Les.

It only leakes when i've got a full tank or on a side slope, so not that often :rolleyes: . I've been thinking about fitting a sealed cap and a raised breather, but where should i put the breather?

Ahem............. please do not fill diesel tanks to the brim, a leakage of fuel on a roundabout is a certain "off" for an unwary motorcyclist, not funny sliding down the road on your ar*$ to the smell of DERV and the scraping of highly expensive Japanese plastic!

If your filler cap leaks please get it fixed, BTW vehicles can be spot checked and fines and points dished out, so it's in everybody's interest to keep it safe please guys.

What does help stopping the fuel exiting the filler cap. Apart from fixing the cap. Is the filler funnel that Land Rover make to allow you to fill from a jerry can.

Look inside the filler neck to see if there's a little lug. If so you can fit a funnel.

mike

YES !! It is a free country, As long as you do as you are told.

Have to agree with nas90 here. My 90 skidded on a roundabout due to spilt deisel. Ended up in the drainage ditch. Got the car rebuilt with the insurance money but still lost my no claims.

Ivan

• 2 years later...
I have a 200tdi 90, while playing the other day i drove alone a steep side slope and noticed fuel ruining down the side of the panel from the filler cap, thing am thinking is if fuel can get out water can get in.

Has anyone had this problem?

Any way around this?

Thanks again

Then it's time for you to change the fuel tank cap. You can prevent leaks with a tight cap seal. Check this out, it may help you: How to replace a fuel tank cap.