strange noise

nickm

has anyone had a jingle'ing noise that sounds astho you have a chain dragging along the floor ?

sounds astho its from the front end or the bellhousing

(maunual 200tdi rangey runninggear)

has anyone had a jingle'ing noise that sounds astho you have a chain dragging along the floor ?

Check the washers on your hockey stick chassis end bushes. When the nuts are loose, the wasjers make that kind of noise.

Si

Check the aluminium cover on the alternator, these often wear through the bolts. Also, any heat shields you may have on the exhaust. Both can cause a "jingle'ing".

N.

Check the aluminium cover on the alternator, these often wear through the bolts. Also, any heat shields you may have on the exhaust. Both can cause a "jingle'ing".

N.

Yeah i would check with what Nigel said

Even if it does seem rather tech from Nigel :D:D , Hey mate is that all your own work or you asking the person sat across the desk from you :D:D:D:D

Just when i asked him for his opion on the same question about my V8 last weekend he told me the same ans as you . :D:D

N.

And, come to think of it, the cooling turbine on the front of the alternator hitting something else..

Si

Guest diesel_jim

rattly bits in the clutch? broken fingers or such?

maybe you should check your towbar for a wayward piece of chain... :lol:

mmm i was also thinking about the clutch always works ok tho does seem to mainly do it after its been standing for a while

already binned all of the heat shields

will check the front radius arms and the alternator sure the only thing that could hit is the

pipe to the intercooler

cheers

mine does this as well and has since i bought it. its not the radius arm washers (i doesn't have any) nor shields etc.

i also reckon its clutch area related but it all works so i have typically just left it!!!! it does it on coasting/over run mainly cluth in and out both in and out of gear.

200tdi as well.

i,ve just had this very same noise appear on a disco i have and i managed to finally track it down after driving me mad, the pins holding the front brake pads appear to have no anti rattle springs on them which was making them jingle as i drove along

As Simon said above, check the alternator fan. I had one of the long bolts come undone on the alternator which would slide in and out kissing the fan on the end of it's travel and giving a very loud intermittent jingling !

Mo

Yeah i would check with what Nigel said

Even if it does seem rather tech from Nigel :D:D , Hey mate is that all your own work or you asking the person sat across the desk from you :D:D:D:D

Just when i asked him for his opion on the same question about my V8 last weekend he told me the same ans as you . :D:D

Cheeky Mare!

All my own work, had problems with the wafer thin alt covers before, having to pad the holes out with with washers. I have learnt a few things a long the way.

And I have my own office - Jules f@rts to much to share with anyone. :huh:

:rolleyes: