Anyone know what this is?

Holyzeus

Guest WALFY

Strange you mention BFGs'. I was in ABRO the other day and most of the vehicles in there for repair had them fitted before they get sent back to their units.

Guest diesel_jim
Strange you mention BFGs'. I was in ABRO the other day and most of the vehicles in there for repair had them fitted before they get sent back to their units.

Nice size too from the ones i've seen.... think i've seen a few with 255/85's

Guest WALFY

Yes. Went in there on the scrounge for a few bits and came out with SFA. You could get blood out of a stone easier than getting anything out of those bloody civvys :D :D :D

Guest diesel_jim
Yes. Went in there on the scrounge for a few bits and came out with SFA. You could get blood out of a stone easier than getting anything out of those bloody civvys :D :D :D

Is that ABRO that used to be 27 dist workshops?

we used to go in there in the summer, with door tops off of the 110's "for ventilation", and come out with a pait of door tops fitted, from, ahem, the "waiting for work" compound.... :ph34r::ph34r:

the bloody gate civvy guards used to check the back of our trucks as we left as well! (not just us, everyone!)

Guest WALFY

Not sure if it was 27 or not. It's the place on Imber Road, Warminster. Blokes on the gate gave my truck a strange look when I pulled up. Don't know why :)

Guest diesel_jim
Not sure if it was 27 or not. It's the place on Imber Road, Warminster.

yeah, thats the place.

some really lovely interesting bits of kit in there.

Stewart and Stevenson and therefore Pinzgauer are both part of Armor Holdings, who are american...

Armor holdings recently got bought out by BAe So I guess they are back british again... :wacko:

I do wonder sometimes at the short sightedness of the management of BAE systems. Do they really know what they are doing ? After all they offloaded LandRover, with possibly the widest established links to military forces of any vehicle manufacturer throughout the world, and with a product that in those days still had potential to be developed into a very good universal military vehicle. A good exmple is the Australian Army fleet of LandRover based 4x4 and 6x6 trucks. Unless the crosscountry performance of the Pinzgauer has been considerably improved over the old air cooled models I am familiar withthen I can't forsee too many takers outside of the British forces.

Bill.