Post an expensive part!

Guest deleted

Guest diesel_jim

I thought i'd start a thread where people could post the most ridiculously priced genuine "part", preferably the smallest (and no doubt, cheapest to actually manufacture), but most expensive bit.

I'll start with this little gem.....

I've got a bonnet in the garage, (90/110 type) which i've copied all the brackets across from the wolf XD bonnet on my 90, so i've drilled the holes, and i had most of the shovel and pick mounting brackets, but there were a few i didn't have.

I thought i'd go and order them from the dealers, as they're only made out of a bit of ali strip with 4 holes drilled through them... how expensive can that be? :rolleyes:

They look like this:

post-130-1180727869_thumb.jpg

It's the lower bracket, shaped in an upside down "U", not the "J" bracket,it's part number 335618 (although i'ts now been superceded)

can't be any more than 3/4" wide, and probably 2" long all told.....

£22 :lol::lol::lol:

Needless to say, i'll be getting a bit of ali strip later and bending it....

Guest diesel_jim
I bought 2 x windscreen hinges bolts for catflap the other week - £18!!

Les.

The 90/110 type? i've got some 'ere you could have had! :D

I think the equivalent of 5.50 GBP for a TD5 injector O-ring is a bit much .... And when talking of bigger bits, try pricing a P38 ABS pump if you want a fright. In fact, many P38s aren't worth that much. It was about 6k GBP (R84k)

I recall maybe 15 or more years ago when from the main stealers Rover V8 hydraulic lifters were listed at AUS$56 plus tax each (about 22 pounds). luckily the same things also fitted the local General Motors Holden 6 cylinder engines and could be had for about $3 each. Another one in the same era was 110 bonnets for $1300 plus tax.

Bill.

When I changed the Nas from manual R380 to auto 4 speed I bought the genuine Nas centre console. The high/low lever needed the gaiter cover and a clip or what looked like a clip on the microfiche to hold the open end of the gaiter. The clip was an O ring and I was charged about £3 for the privilige :angry:

Whilst on the subject the Nas centre console in 2000 was £170 and the Anniversary 50 console £650 and they are both exactly the same. Main stealer confidently said thet LR were discouraging owners of old Defenders from upgrading :D Pity I didn't buy 10 of them - not available anymore and the price is rising fast!

I recall maybe 15 or more years ago when from the main stealers Rover V8 hydraulic lifters were listed at AUS$56 plus tax each (about 22 pounds). luckily the same things also fitted the local General Motors Holden 6 cylinder engines and could be had for about $3 each. Another one in the same era was 110 bonnets for $1300 plus tax.

Bill.

Sorry to say Bill But All parts in Aus are bloody expensive compaired to the Uk :)

Sorry to say Bill But All parts in Aus are bloody expensive compaired to the Uk :)

All parts for Land Rovers that is (except Maxidrive). On the other hand, if it's Toyota or Nissan... :rolleyes:

Paul :)

Got a vibration from the front of the Defender Anniversary - so I thought I'd replace the front prop cos instead of having it checked for balance. I've changed my mind though - cos it's a little one to fit around the by the Cat its not available in the aftermarket. Front FRC8641 prop - £517.38 inc. VAT. Outrageous.

Warn 8274 splined primary gear,bought one 18 months ago for £18 inc vat.Just had to buy another one £55+vat :o ,talk about inflation?

For landrover parts try the spring washer that fits on the bottom of the bonnet prop on pre td5 defenders.I needed one for a customers car and was told they were 80p each+vat,but unfortunately they came in bags of 50 :D £50+ for a spring washer!!!!

Paul ;)

Got a vibration from the front of the Defender Anniversary - so I thought I'd replace the front prop cos instead of having it checked for balance. I've changed my mind though - cos it's a little one to fit around the by the Cat its not available in the aftermarket. Front FRC8641 prop - £517.38 inc. VAT. Outrageous.

Widget you have a PM

Warn 8274 splined primary gear,bought one 18 months ago for £18 inc vat.Just had to buy another one £55+vat :o ,talk about inflation?

For landrover parts try the spring washer that fits on the bottom of the bonnet prop on pre td5 defenders.I needed one for a customers car and was told they were 80p each+vat,but unfortunately they came in bags of 50 :D £50+ for a spring washer!!!!

Paul ;)

R clip + big washer= job done