Billing 2007

Guest dew110CSW

Guest dew110CSW

Just viewing the camping section of the 2007 LRM Show and it's sold out - sort of b*****d my plans a little... Any forum orginisation going on for it?

Cheers,

David.

Just viewing the camping section of the 2007 LRM Show and it's sold out - sort of b*****d my plans a little... Any forum orginisation going on for it?

Cheers,

David.

Not only you! Apparently there is a camp site not too far away that one or two people have booked with the intention of just coming in on day passes.

Si

Guest dew110CSW

My mates apparently got the number of a farmer who's doing the arrangements near the field - I'll let you know how it gets on.

I camp on the farmers field every year but have never paid to get into the show......... no one checks :huh:

It may be different this year. Public have free access to the Billing site and that meant you could just walk on to the show in previous years. This year I've heard that LRM are enclosing the show area off with gates that you need wristbands to get through - although you will still have free access to the rest of the site.

I too heard they were going to use wrist-bands for access, but that they have obtained a temporary closure order on the two footpaths that cross the site. I think they would be hard pressed to fence off the show area.

The security company have been hired from another part of the country so they are less likely to be friends with the local pikeys and let them go shopping at night!

Camping spaces are going to be allocated on the gate - so if you are turning up as a group, I would advise turning up early and with enough people to bag a reasonable amount of space.

The show opens Wednesday Morning. Although you can turn up earlier, they say you will be allocated a temporary pitch - and then may have to move on Wednesday as no 'final' pitches will be allocated until Wed morning.

LRM appreciate they will have to steer a fine line between it being a free-for-all and a concentration camp. There are bound to be teething problems, but I believe LRM have their heart in the right place over it all and are genuinely trying to make it better.

Si

I too heard they were going to use wrist-bands for access, but that they have obtained a temporary closure order on the two footpaths that cross the site. I think they would be hard pressed to fence off the show area.

That sounds more sensible - I had wondered how they would fence off the show.

• 1 month later...
Guest dew110CSW

My mate has the number and I've just text him now, you pay on the door when you turn up, Prices are £17.50 a day and £10 for Sunday IIRC.

Guest diesel_jim

Is billing actually "on" this weekend?

I've heard so many contrasting stories about it being either cancelled, washed out or whatever.....

so.... On or cancelled? :blink::blink:

Me to its next weekend

I'm working there for the main sponser

I have been told they have wised up to the people who don't pay but people will always find a way

I have managed to get camping for my caravan but only just the car should be on the stand all weekend

The show opens Wednesday Morning. Although you can turn up earlier, they say you will be allocated a temporary pitch - and then may have to move on Wednesday as no 'final' pitches will be allocated until Wed morning.

Si

Thats not good if they think after setting up the caravan and awning on monday as usual, i am taking it all down to move it 50 yards they can boll---s,

Just spoke to LRM they tell me that there are no pitch allocations where you get is where you stay, also they said its still wristbands, but i`m sure that will change before long.

Regards

Keith

• 2 weeks later...