Winch opinion

Brett

Has anyone heard anything about these?

I'm thinking of buying one, any good or bad reports?

Cheers

Brett

Yeah the bright yellow ones :)

Yeah used quite a bit on the Aus winch challnage scene. They like them and will pull and pull. In fact they had a test in one of the mags out here and it beat the 8274 and all the others . And broke the test machine so they went to another place and it broke that machine too. (honest got the mag somwhere with the write up)

Not as fast as the 8274 but alot stronger pull, but not as slow as everyone recons

Jules (on here) has one on the front of his Rangie LSE. Will be at the show this weekend with it

Yep I have one but I'm waiting for the new plasma that there bringing in so its a bit hard to show people how good it is with out any cable on it.

it has radio control as well.

I have the first one in the uk so I'm told

Yep I have one but I'm waiting for the new plasma that there bringing in so its a bit hard to show people how good it is with out any cable on it.

it has radio control as well.

I have the first one in the uk so I'm told

Yeah belive that ,have not been out that long and most people unfairly slat the T-max when they don't really know them. Just lump them in the same list as the cheap ones on ebay, which they are not

T-max were making winches before Warn were

Just pick up an Aussie winch challenge vid and look how many trucks use them and how many T-MAx stickers are on the trucks

there ok but really slow usually quite cheap now

I don't think they are that slow, they have a 6.6HP motor :rolleyes:

This model is only just becoming available (in UK), I guess you're thinking of the standard range?

Jules, what's the deal on the rope? I was thinking of just getting some from one of the usual suspects. Is this new stuff something special? :ph34r: What size are you fitting? The data sheet advises 80 feet of 5/16" (8mm) might be a bit puny for our overweight trucks :lol:

I would prefer a lowline winch, plus you have to do so much to an 8274 to get it right. That's what made me look at these. I'd heard reports from Oz, that these are good.

This model is only just becoming available (in UK), I guess you're thinking of the standard range?

Jules, what's the deal on the rope? I was thinking of just getting some from one of the usual suspects. Is this new stuff something special? :ph34r: What size are you fitting? The data sheet advises 80 feet of 5/16" (8mm) might be a bit puny for our overweight trucks :lol:

I would prefer a lowline winch, plus you have to do so much to an 8274 to get it right. That's what made me look at these. I'd heard reports from Oz, that these are good.

Excellent winch - very well made - quicker than most on full load

The Outback 9500 from T-max is also very good

been thinking about putting one on the rear of my hybrid apparently very reliable but not as quick as others

Mark Jenkins has a T-Max winch on his 90 which is from the standard range. They are a bit slow and very noisy, but I understand they can be greased which quietens them right down. After a long and difficult pull it was too hot to touch almost and smelled like it was about to burn out. Perhaps they are supposed to be allowed to cool down after a certain time - I don't know.

Bearmach sell a lot of these as reconditioned units, make what you like out of that.

Les.

One thing I'm waiting to hear back from the supplier is if there is any actual difference between the Competition Series & the Outback Series.

On Paper their specifications are identical, the only difference I can find so far is the colour B) & the Comp spec is supplied bare. The Outback comes c/w wire & fairlead & is about £50.00 cheaper

Edited to add:

Bearmach have confirmed there is no difference other than colour. & supplied bare.