O/T PAYPAL

Guest WALFY

Guest WALFY

Just a quick question, is paypal instant. In that does the payment go straight through or is there time delay to allow funds to clear.

Just a quick question, is paypal instant. In that does the payment go straight through or is there time delay to allow funds to clear.

It is instant if using bank debit funded, or can be delayed if using credit card funded.

Depends which payment method is used but c/card or direct debit from a validated account is more or less instant, an echeque is painfully slow though in my experience not used much.

Having said that once the funds have transferred they can be clawed back for a considerable period afterwards by a snotty purchaser (the Paypal equivalent of clearing) ... though that may not be relevant to this question.

AndyG

We use PP quite a lot for the business and every now and then get an "echeque" payment which takes ages to clear. It seems that the echeques relate to money taken from bank accounts rather than from cards associated with the PP account.

Chris

I am having the same sort of problem at the moment

I bought an ariel and sent the bloke the money straight after i won the item. Money from my paypal account, Had the money in the account from somthing i had sold before.

A week later sent a message to see if he had sent it and he said

He was waiting for it to clear in his bank and would be 3-5 days. I told him i paid him in paypal and he said yeah he wanted to wait untill he had emough to take money out of paypal with out the charge and then would send the ariel when it cleared in his account. It is now 3 weeks later and he has just posted it.

Pi**ed me off, people thaqt do't understand paypal. Would be not too bad if it was not for the fact he has given alot of bad feedback to peopl calling them Ebay neebies that don't know how to use ebay

I want to leave a note saying that del was carp, but worried he will come back with a bad one for me when i paid up 5mins after finished.

AFAIK payment to the paypal account is instant. Transferring from paypal to a bank, however, can take an age, depending which bank you use! Go on - ask me!! 17 working days......

As Ali says, some people do not realise that you can leave money in your paypal account and it's quite safe (or, at least, mine has been when I've done it). Not every transaction has to be taken from paypal to your bank account to be completed.

If I'm paid by paypal, I release the goods as soon as it's in there. Afterall, anything in my paypal account usually goes straight out to the people I'm buying from!!

AFAIK payment to the paypal account is instant. Transferring from paypal to a bank, however, can take an age, depending which bank you use! Go on - ask me!! 17 working days......

As Ali says, some people do not realise that you can leave money in your paypal account and it's quite safe (or, at least, mine has been when I've done it). Not every transaction has to be taken from paypal to your bank account to be completed.

If I'm paid by paypal, I release the goods as soon as it's in there. Afterall, anything in my paypal account usually goes straight out to the people I'm buying from!!

Thats what i do, i use my payapl as a sort of savings account. so sell somthing and leave the money in paypal untill i want to buy somthing. But when someone pays me in paypal i send the item.

I am having the same sort of problem at the moment

I bought an ariel and sent the bloke the money straight after i won the item. Money from my paypal account, Had the money in the account from somthing i had sold before.

A week later sent a message to see if he had sent it and he said

He was waiting for it to clear in his bank and would be 3-5 days. I told him i paid him in paypal and he said yeah he wanted to wait untill he had emough to take money out of paypal with out the charge and then would send the ariel when it cleared in his account. It is now 3 weeks later and he has just posted it.

In that case i would have made a paypal claim for 'item not recieved'. he would then send it pretty sharpish or you would eventually get your money back.

Paypal is instant & the buyer cannot normally retract it. But, I believe that one of the problems that is cropping up is fraudulent credit card use, so then the funds are taken back by the bank. Hence a few people are waitng for money to clear in the bank. But this is not really necessary as sellers can call/email paypal and ask them to verify the payment, it takes < 1 day.