Britelyt Multifuel Stoves

ISTR there are a good few servicemen (as in Armed Services, not washing machines) so thought I'd throw an almost OT topic in.

Reading the worst web site in the world, the reader could get the impression that Britelyt Multifuel stoves are used throughout the US and NATO Armed Forces, where they naturally use Diesel as the common fuel.

Has anyone come across these stoves in use, and seen / experienced them running on diesel?

I'll even take references to Blog sites by Servicemen, or Forums for Servicemen, if you think I might get a reasonable response to my query.

That clumsy, badly laid out, poorly formatted, website is http://www.britelyt.com/stoves.htm

I'm interested in the proper stove, not the light with an adaptor.

Thanks.

ISTR there are a good few servicemen (as in Armed Services, not washing machines) so thought I'd throw an almost OT topic in.

Reading the worst web site in the world, the reader could get the impression that Britelyt Multifuel stoves are used throughout the US and NATO Armed Forces, where they naturally use Diesel as the common fuel.

Has anyone come across these stoves in use, and seen / experienced them running on diesel?

I'll even take references to Blog sites by Servicemen, or Forums for Servicemen, if you think I might get a reasonable response to my query.

That clumsy, badly laid out, poorly formatted, website is http://www.britelyt.com/stoves.htm

I'm interested in the proper stove, not the light with an adaptor.

Thanks.

are you looking at it for cooking or tea coffe etc i use a jet boil personal cooking system boils water quickly beans etc about 50 quid excellent piece of kit i think thay also do frying pans for it hope this helps

David

as a serving member of the forces (infantry), never seen or heard of one of those cookers, the best cooker on the market at the moment is the "JETBOIL".

about £65 in the shops, £40 on eblag.

Boils a pint in about a minute, packs away inside its self, HIGHLY recommended well worth the momey

http://www.jetboil.com/

Russ

I'm looking for a diesel powered stove, as my LR is diesel powered, and want the capability to do a bit more than boil water.

If boiling water was the only concern I'd use a Kelly Kettle, on the basis that I can use paper shreddings to start it, obtain bigger lumps of fuel wherever I am stopped (in the UK, which is all I'm interrested in) and promote the fire (if needed) by soaking the twigs etc in diesel.

I've seen the Jetboil adverts, and it seems a good system. I've seen reports from users, including one where some gal goes to the trouble of preparing dry meals of many varieties, then Jet boils them into a tasty and sustaining mush, but she was backpacking. I can afford to carry a little more weight.

Primarily it's the Britelyt burning diesel I'm interested in.

Secondly I'm interested in any other one or two burner stove using Diesel.

I am NOT interested in gas stoves of any description (gas as in UK vapour, or US petrol).

Cheers.

David,

PM JST on here, as he has a burner which i think is what you are talking about- all i know is that it seemse to burn every fuel known to man and is ridiculously powerful- it was only moderately slower than my jetboil - which is brilliant for tea and drinks but i wouldn't rely on it for general cooking purposes.

HTH

Guest WALFY

Also being in the mob but not infantry, RE to be exact. I use a coleman peak stove, runs on many fuels not sure about diesel though. Definitely runs on unleaded. If you don't need it to pack down small then this is the stove to have.

im in the armed forces and run a jetboil and in all honestey i dont like it, so have turned back to my trusty coleman mutifuel stove which i run either on avatur or napther never tried diesel :unsure: i have a spare coleman peak stove that i might part with for beer tokens :D