What ever next

reads90

Yes it does seem that Hard Top/Van back Defenders are going to be hit by this.

Well I checked out my own hardtop 110's status on the TFL website and got the same message about being non compliant from Oct 2010 :huh::unsure::angry2:

If I am understanding this correctly does it mean that if my Defender was a station wagon rather than a hardtop it would be exempt? :blink::(

Steve

(unsure of Islington and hoping to relocate to W Sussex next year! :rolleyes:)

Hurrah, I can drive my V8 109 CSW into London for free! :D

If I could only work out why the hell would I ever want to?

Oh and those Phantom plates are about as likely to work as our public transport system - if you can see it with your eyes the cameras can see it, and they can digitally enhance any bits that they can't see. The cameras can read your tax disc from 100yds, a bit of dodgy plastic isn't gonna phase them. At best you're still gonna get a ticket, more likely you're gonna get stopped by the cops and told to buy some normal plates.

Hurrah, I can drive my V8 109 CSW into London for free! :D

If I could only work out why the hell would I ever want to?

Oh and those Phantom plates are about as likely to work as our public transport system - if you can see it with your eyes the cameras can see it, and they can digitally enhance any bits that they can't see. The cameras can read your tax disc from 100yds, a bit of dodgy plastic isn't gonna phase them. At best you're still gonna get a ticket, more likely you're gonna get stopped by the cops and told to buy some normal plates.

Hmmm, perhaps they only work with Gatso's.. let's see..

If I am understanding this correctly does it mean that if my Defender was a station wagon rather than a hardtop it would be exempt? :blink::(

Steve

(unsure of Islington and hoping to relocate to W Sussex next year! :rolleyes:)

This seems to be the basic idea, yes. I've had replies from TfL and DVLA now that confirm this. But you can't just stick windows in it, you can't change its classification - this is set solid at the date of manufacture (apparently).

This seems to be the basic idea, yes. I've had replies from TfL and DVLA now that confirm this. But you can't just stick windows in it, you can't change its classification - this is set solid at the date of manufacture (apparently).

just put my 110 csw in and its non-compliant........not that I'm losing too much sleep here in a fields outside Newcastle upon Tyne :unsure:

to be fair. its a real pi553s all this taxation carp. why not try making a choice for people instead of just persecuting them. :angry:

Jas

well lets stop crying "im compliant or not complaint" it pains me to say but if this was France then we would be rioting and blocking ports myself i say lets have a good old fist fight with them

well lets stop crying "im compliant or not complaint" it pains me to say but if this was France then we would be rioting and blocking ports myself i say lets have a good old fist fight with them

LOL - If this was Russia you'd be making making snowballss in Siberia by now !

• 3 weeks later...

The following was received from the LEZ people:

Thank you for contacting Transport for London (TfL) on the 22nd June 2007 regarding the

information held about your Land Rover.

We apologise for the delay in contacting you, we have been thoroughly investigating the points

that you have raised, which has caused the delay in my response.

Thank you for the information that you have provided us with. The Land Rover range of vehicles

posses a number of problems with regards to classifying them correctly. The body type of your

vehicle is “Light 4x4 utility” which means its chassis is based upon a light goods vehicle in terms

of the London Low Emission Zone; however its taxation class (diesel car and vehicle category)

indicate that the vehicle's purpose is to carry people.

We are working closely with the vehicles manufacturer to get a clear definition of when

particular Land Rover vehicles are considered to be affected by the London Low Emission Zone.

We would like to thank you for your patience whilst we clarify the situation.

I will continue to keep you all informed of progress.

Martin

• 2 months later...

Received from LEZ today:

I can now confirm that we are working towards changing the status of Land Rover Defender’s to

‘not subject to LEZ’ as long as they are used for private use and not commercial.

This may take some time so I would advise that you either wait for us to make the necessary

amendments which could take more than 6 months or you can register your vehicle with

ourselves by returning a completed compliance application form along with a photocopy of your

vehicle registration form.

Ta

Martin