Discovery Roof Removal?

Mean Green

I am in the process of re-spraying my Discovery.

I have heard differing stories about whether or not you can unbolt the roof (like an RRC) or whether it is part of the bodyshell.

Can anyone shed any light? I dont want to take headlinings etc out if I dont need to.

I am in the process of re-spraying my Discovery.

I have heard differing stories about whether or not you can unbolt the roof (like an RRC) or whether it is part of the bodyshell.

Can anyone shed any light? I dont want to take headlining etc out if I dont need to.

Hi I recently made some changes to my disco.. its an M reg. I asked the same question to many who replied with authority in their voice

"Oh yes" , & "remove the front screen to access the bolts" and many similar replies......

they were all talking out of their bums... take it from me on an M Reg disco 300 tdi 3 door : NO bolts

Need proof? see below

good luck

Lawrence

post-892-1181558007_thumb.jpg

Hi I recently made some changes to my disco.. its an M reg. I asked the same question to many who replied with authority in their voice

"Oh yes" , & "remove the front screen to access the bolts" and many similar replies......

they were all talking out of their bums... take it from me on an M Reg disco 300 tdi 3 door : NO bolts

Need proof? see below

good luck

Lawrence

that picture has just proven to me that there IS a rib across the roof, to which you can secure the rear of an outback/ARB roof console

CHEERS :D