HELP! Efi expert help needed.

roguevogue

I am in the process of fitting Efi for the X-Eng challenge on the weekend. I am fitting 3.9 system from 91 RR.

My question is, do I need to connect to things like the speed transducer (my car doesn't use one) or is it as simple as putting power in and taking a feed out for the fuel pump ignoring the other 6 wires.

Help please. :unsure:

Yes you need the speed transducer otherwise it wont idle properly.

IRC you need connections to:-

+ve permanent

Switched ign +ve

Fuel pump

starter solenoid

You also need to connect via the ickle resistor to the negative side of the coil so it knows the engie is running.

I think thats it!

Cheers

Jon

I am in the process of fitting Efi for the X-Eng challenge on the weekend. I am fitting 3.9 system from 91 RR.

My question is, do I need to connect to things like the speed transducer (my car doesn't use one) or is it as simple as putting power in and taking a feed out for the fuel pump ignoring the other 6 wires.

Help please. :unsure:

It will run without the speed transducer but will be a tad rough at tickover and needs to be driven by the speedo drive from the gearbox, slowing to a halt in say 1st quickly will prob see it stall

If the unit was a cat unit ECU fir the Non Cat tune resistor this will help

Nige

Guest diesel_jim

If you, or anyone else needs one, i've got an ex 3.9 efi transducer here, along with the little 12" or so length of speedo cable to connect it to the transfer box.

£20

It runs!

I stayed late tonight to connect the wiring up, Paul (Wightman) stayed behind to help, for which I am extremely grateful.

I have connected a permanent live and an ignition live, connected the fuel pump to the white/purple wire and earthed the auto gearbox switch wire and it runs.

Whether it runs well in use without being connected to the transducer remains to be seen.

Guest diesel_jim
It will run without the speed transducer but will be a tad rough at tickover and needs to be driven by the speedo drive from the gearbox, slowing to a halt in say 1st quickly will prob see it stall

This is just what mine used to do before i fitted the transducer. some people don't have the problem, some do. i wonder if it depends on whether the engine was in an auto or manual in a previous life?