RAVE help please

ashtrans

Hi all,

I have downloaded the 3 files onto 3 discs from the archive section but I just have hundreds of separate images, is there meant to be some software to tie them together to navigate ?

an I missing something ?

many thanks,

Hi all,

I have downloaded the 3 files onto 3 discs from the archive section but I just have hundreds of separate images, is there meant to be some software to tie them together to navigate ?

an I missing something ?

many thanks,

Those 3 large files should be iso images that you then burn to a CD or mount locally on a PC. The CD should then have a rave.exe which pops up a custom acrobat reader program that allows you to access the RAVE data in a semi-intelligent fashion.

Neil

Those 3 large files should be iso images that you then burn to a CD or mount locally on a PC. The CD should then have a rave.exe which pops up a custom acrobat reader program that allows you to access the RAVE data in a semi-intelligent fashion.

Neil

many thanks Neil,

I will have a look for the 'rave.eve' on one of the cd's, sounds like thats what I am missing,

Dave did you get RAVE from the link in the Tech Archive

this may help ----------

This file is an image of the Land Rover Rave CD, if you cant read this file straight away, you need to do one of two things. Either write the image to a CD, using Nero or similar - note you need to write the image to CD, not just write the file. Or you can get hold of a program such as 'Alcohol 120%' which will create a virtual CD drive on your PC, freom which the file can be read, this negates the need to write a CD

hth :D

Dave did you get RAVE from the link in the Tech Archive

this may help ----------

This file is an image of the Land Rover Rave CD, if you cant read this file straight away, you need to do one of two things. Either write the image to a CD, using Nero or similar - note you need to write the image to CD, not just write the file. Or you can get hold of a program such as 'Alcohol 120%' which will create a virtual CD drive on your PC, freom which the file can be read, this negates the need to write a CD

hth :D

Hi,

yes I used nero to write the image to cd's, i think that bits OK, just need to find the 'exe', will have a look in the morning, the CD's are at work,

thanks for the assistance,

In my RAVE disks the .exe is a Green Land Rover oval icon with RAVE.exe on it's right hand side not the Icon one hth :D

like this ----------------

I have the 3 CD's, about 1100 files in a folder copied from post 13 here :

http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=4804&hl=rave

to CD then uploaded,

BUT no RAVE.exe file,

any ideas what to do next ? or can I just send someone some money for some discs that work !

I have the 3 CD's, about 1100 files in a folder copied from post 13 here :

http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=4804&hl=rave

to CD then uploaded,

BUT no RAVE.exe file,

any ideas what to do next ? or can I just send someone some money for some discs that work !

Not sure what you have done as they should be 3 large files only, one per disc that are the CD disc images.

Do you have the files rave01.iso, rave02.iso & rave03.iso ?

It almost sounds like whatever you downloaded them with has auto mounted the iso images for you in the process.

You could try again with rightclick->save target/file as and see if it leaves you only with the iso.

What operating system are you using?

Neil

Not sure what you have done as they should be 3 large files only, one per disc that are the CD disc images.

Do you have the files rave01.iso, rave02.iso & rave03.iso ?

It almost sounds like whatever you downloaded them with has auto mounted the iso images for you in the process.

You could try again with rightclick->save target/file as and see if it leaves you only with the iso.

What operating system are you using?

Neil

Unless I'm completely misreading this, he's already burnt the three ISO images to CD, but is now having trouble figuring out how to run RAVE from the CDs.

Guest diesel_jim

If Dave is reading this:

Dave, i sent you a PM last night. i downloaded the three files and have extracted them and burnt them to discs, and they're all working fine, so (unless you get some in the meantime or sort yours out) i'll fling them in the post on monday (unless i'm near a post office today... we';ve got loads of jiffy bags at work y'see! ;) )

Jamie

Guest diesel_jim

Dave got back to me today, someone had already got a set of discs off to him this morning...

Sooo... if anyone wants the 3 discs all ready to pop into your drive and use straight away (or copy to your hard drive) then i've got all 3 here,extracted and ready to play.

first to get a PM to me can have 'em.

cheers all.

D-J