Difference between Tdi and Td5 chassis

Hi all, is their a difference. Just bought a 90 full rebuild on new chassis and was wondering if the chassis differ at all. Rear cross member is different i believe??

Also i have been told it has anti roll bars fitted where should i be looking for these?? and i guess i should remove them for more articulation off road??

Sorry for the noddy questions.

Hi all, is their a difference. Just bought a 90 full rebuild on new chassis and was wondering if the chassis differ at all. Rear cross member is different i believe??

Also i have been told it has anti roll bars fitted where should i be looking for these?? and i guess i should remove them for more articulation off road??

Just before the rear cross member, there are some extra little brackets welded to the chassis, i think the fuel tank hangs from them, but im not sure..

Will a TD5 chassis go under a 200tdi, I guess it will but how many differences are there?.

It should fit but there will be a few potential problems.

The first one is what you will end up with, it will almost certainly have to get a Q plate and might well have to do an SVA as you are not replacing with "new" of the same specs. If it is for off road use only not a problem and the cahnces are no one would notice any way.

After that the engine mounts are different, if you can cut the 200 tdi ones of and weld them on this is easily sorted, it may be possible to adjuct the mounts on the engine and make them fit the TD5 chassis mounts, never looked that closely.

On the 300tdi and the td5 the engine sits several inches futher forward (hence different seatbox and prop shafts) this means the gearbox mounts are in the wrong place, as these are just holes drilled throught the chassis this is easy to fix.

The panhard rods are different or some later vehicles but I am not sure about the year, they use a bigger bush and bolt so you may have to mix and match and possible drill out the axle mount to accept the later panhard rod.

Not sure about the fuel tank mounts but this should be easy enough to fix.

As far as I am aware all the panels etc will just bolt straight on, subject to the usual Landrover tollerances!.

Any one got copies of the landrover chassis drawings that give the dimensions for a 200TDi, 300TDI and a TD5 (all for a 90) by any chance??

I'll just add that I have found the 300tdI 90 drawings by searching...... maybe should have done that first. So - just after the 200TDI and TD5 drawings if some one has them???

Ta,

Adrian