Bulkhead Removal Bars

gruntus

Gents,

I want to remove the rear bulkhead from my 90 and I have seen two choices so far.

Mudstuff do one for about £100 and it looks like it removes some of the top portion of the bulkhead with a strengthening peice inserted on top. Mudstuff Link

Protection and performance do one for about £252 (rimmer brothers as well) and it removes all the bulkhead and replaces it with a bar (look in accessories). Perform and Accessories Website

Anybody got any experience or opinions between the two?

Is there a DIY alternative or even a cheaper supplier? ;)

Answers on a post card please.............

Cheers

G

I've installed two Mudstuff bars, one on each 90. It is surprising how much space they seem to provide and access to the back becomes a lot easier. First one took about 30 mins to install, second one took 15 using a Dewalt 18V wrecking saw... Nice finished product too.

Guest diesel_jim

I've got the mudstuff one in my 90 as well.

IMO it's neater than the "bar" type if you want a "quick" installation, as the mudstuff one covers the edge of the metal that you've just cut off.

the "bar" type, i think you really need to cut back and file (or grind down) the remaining edge of metal off of the bulkhead and paint them so you don't end up with a line of shiny silver metal.

The tub is still off the chassis so a longer install isn't a problem. (Try another six months! :) )

Any pros and cons between the two?

I presume there is still plenty of travel on the seats with the (slightly higher) Mudstuff choice?

Thanks for the comments so far.

I presume there is still plenty of travel on the seats with the (slightly higher) Mudstuff choice?

Yeah -- no problem there. Lets you get the seat reclined as far back as it will go.

Another vote for the MudStuff one -- very easy to install -- well, I managed it :lol: -- and looks good when done.