Disco springs

stu666

Hi All,

Having fitted a winch bumper, winch and steering guard to my 300tdi I found that the weight has dropped the front by 20mm. Any suggestions as to which springs I should fit to raise it back up 20mm? Should I consider replacing front and rear springs at the same time?

Thanks in advance.

Hi All,

Having fitted a winch bumper, winch and steering guard to my 300tdi I found that the weight has dropped the front by 20mm. Any suggestions as to which springs I should fit to raise it back up 20mm? Should I consider replacing front and rear springs at the same time?

Thanks in advance.

personally, i'd get 20mm bigger springs!!!

I fitted a new set of HT & Dobinson Springs to my Discovery and shortly afterwards an ARB Winch bumper with Ramsey unit fell into my lap.

The weight bought the front down by approx 25mm.

My mate Dave gave me a pair of 30mm aluminium spacers which have bought the ride back to the perfect height again.

I know that OME make urethane spacers too.

It seems a shame to throw away a decent set of springs when a cheap set of spacers will rectify the situation.

and shortly afterwards an ARB Winch bumper with Ramsey unit fell into my lap.

bet that hurt :ph34r: sorry

spacers would be the cheaper option and would not change the ride as the spacers are incompressible.....

Hi All,

Thanks in advance.

RRX, I am running on standard springs.

STREAKY, Where did your mate Dave get the spacers from? This seems like the best solution.

Hi All,

Thanks in advance.

stu, new(ish) post about diff lock testing on here, read on!