Monster 2.25 engine!

rslandys3

I think the cams are same anyway, but I believe you benefit from put a diesel cam in a petrol model . I think that the engine would go bang at some point unless it has the same compression ratio as a TD.

Might be fun to give it a go though if you happen to have the bits lying about.

Les.

How silly / doable would this be?

2.25 petrol block, 2.5 cam and crank, 19J turbo and manifolds, suck through su carb and water injection?

Would it blow up?

I think that you will find that the ports in the petrol head wont line up with the 19J manifolds.

How silly / doable would this be?

2.25 petrol block, 2.5 cam and crank, 19J turbo and manifolds, suck through su carb and water injection?

Would it blow up?

I had the same (crazy?) idea a while back, I was informed by Alan Allard who built suck through installations on LR years ago that you can't stop the carb icing satisfactorily even with water heated manifolds etc, it really needs to be EFI. Didn't know about the ports not being the same though :unsure: .

Andy

I had the same (crazy?) idea a while back, I was informed by Alan Allard who built suck through installations on LR years ago that you can't stop the carb icing satisfactorily even with water heated manifolds etc, it really needs to be EFI. Didn't know about the ports not being the same though :unsure: .

Andy

yep, petrol heads have the inlet and exhaust ports all in a line, whereas the TD head has the inlet and exhaust ports at slightly different heights.

Regards,

Diff