24 vs 10 spline

Mark

Hello all, I relaise this topic has been covered but I would really apprecitae some opinions...

I am considering changing my 10 spline disco axles for a set of 24 spline disco axles, but I have a couple of queries... At the moment I am talking about completely standard axles - no lockers/strengthened shafts/ uprated CV's as yet.

1) How much stronger are 24 Spline components? I relaise they are more expensive, so if I am going to break stuff with a similar amount of ease then it is just going to get more expensive more quickly...

2) Are 24 spline components easier to upgrade? Looking at ashcrofts site, everything is offered in 10 and 24 spline variants...

so opinions sought....

Thanks

Mark

IIRC 24 spline is about 30% stronger in stock form.

The main advantage is that there are many more aftermarket shafts and CV's available for 24 spline.

Also Ashcroft's explicitly state they do not offer anything for 10 spline diffs. :(

I stayed with 10 spline when I bought my locker years ago. If I knew what I know now I would have upgraded to 24.

Guest WALFY

Bish

I'm in the same boat. 10 spline front and rear both with ARB's. Hasn't someone converted a 10 spl to a 24 spl? Can't be that hard it's only a couple of gears. Theonly downside is the cost I expect

Having had a scout around on ebay, there seem to be varying opinions as to what fits what........

Will V8 300 series axles fit a 200 TDi model?? I'm fairly sure they will, but someone has put some doubt in my mind....