Hello from new LR owner

Gringo

With the flood level of your main highway consider fitting a snorkel to the engine air intake, to avoid "hydraulicking" your engine.

Sa you probably know water dos'nt compress, so any water ingress via the air intake can seriously bugger the engine.

Oh and how many million dollars did you say you won :D;) to fund your escape to paradise!

John

Love the cream colour, works well with black roof, bumper etc. The Defender will cope better with the rough roads than any modern day SUV with the bonus that you can easily maintain it youself. It's easy to work on and standard items like shocks and springs are relatively cheap to purchase compared to a lot of other makes, even when sourcing from US.

When you have sometime, I would undo the door hinge bolts one at a time on the bulkhead side and spray in some waxoyl or similar rust inhibitor into the bulkhead. The same for the lower part of your doors. Also if it's spends a lot of time on sea spray or loading boat in and out, look at spraying the chassis and axles with a rust inhibitor.

Have fun with your new purchase.

Cheers

Steve

That looks great - the view as well. Sitting here in the office looking out at a gray London skyline I'm very envious. :D

Thanks. This new house we are building has very good water views through about 330 degrees, its on an isolated hill, with only one road in and out. 3.5 miles to the nearest pavement. I have designed in a spectacular workshop area for myself.

since this thread is by way of introduction, I thought I would stick in a photo of my "other" other ride, a work in progress. I have a spring-over-axle suspension lift planned as soon as the workshop is done and I buy a TIG welder;

samauraix50oj2.jpg

I won't bore the rest of you with repeated postings of landscape views here,but if you would like to see a mini-video of a 360 degree sweep from the top of one of our decks, standing on the garage roof over my workshop,you should be able to view it at:

http://s119.photobucket.com/albums/o157/fo...nt=MOV01625.flv

The lady is my wife, Polly, and the black dude is my best friend here.

Here is another photo, ( one last landscape one,but it ties in with the earlier one of the D90 in the driveway) of the reasons we bought the 4x4's. The road to our new home approaches head on to the camera at sea level to the right of the house site, then goes through a 180 deg. turn coming up the little hill, where it rises to about 70 ft. above sea level, and heads directly away from the camera on the left. The ocean is just out of the photo on the left, looking south over the Caicos Bank.

Its a fun curve at around 30 mph, sliding sideways over six inch deep permanent grooves cut into the bedrock by the teeth of a bulldozer, and no guard rail.

My new workshop will be to the right of that overhead garage door. There are two doors on the other side, making it a 'drive through' garage. I will be able to pull a boat trailer etc. straight into the garage for work, then out the other side.

june27007x50eu8.jpg

Welcome Gringo - so when are we all invited to your housewarming then? :D

A good choice of truck you have there and the ideal place for driving it too. As others have said this is the place for help and advice on anything big or small. Since you're shopping for goodies at the moment I'd just take the opportunity to caution you against the company with the orange lobster, we wouldn't want a terrible social faux-pas committed so early into Land Rover ownership ;)

If you need to know about any suppliers, UK based or not, a quick search on here will usually turn up something from a customer either praising them or... not :D several of the forum regulars are actually well known / respected suppliers and offer a discount for forum members.

Hello Gringo.

Bluddy 'ell, what a lovely everything! I'll admit that staring out into a gloomy sky somewhere to the west of London only perpetuates my jealousy.

Somehow, I can't see that 90 staying standard for long.

Hope you have a very long and enjoyable relationship with it - just hope your wife doesn't get jealous.