Low Coolant Alarm

I bought the rrc cap and associated electricary.  The cap has the level switch, but that was no use without the electrical circuit and buzzer. It just needed power to it.

It may be that the unit you have ordered needs additional circuits or attach to the ecu to function.  

I am not saying this is the case, but I think it would be worth checking. 

I hope it works for you.  I know I am glad I have mine and I think it potentially saved me when my rad sprang a leak. 

Be aware the D3 / RRS bottle is cheap because it's a common failure item (the float fails to float and permanently indicates low coolant level). As above, I suspect you still need the inverter circuitry, unless you want a 'coolant level normal' warning light :lol:

On 1/13/2022 at 2:45 PM, TSD said:

Be aware the D3 / RRS bottle is cheap because it's a common failure item (the float fails to float and permanently indicates low coolant level). As above, I suspect you still need the inverter circuitry, unless you want a 'coolant level normal' warning light :lol:

Ah, ok maybe I should look at another bottle then as it doesnt matter which one I go for, thanks for the heads up!

Yes I am aware of the circuitry needed which is not a problem as I am an electronics engineer. I was going to make a PLL based delay cct, with auto check each time ign on, but looking at the 555 timer ic cct described in this post, its probably a much simpler solution 🤣