** MegaSquirting a V8 - "Basics of How to" ... The A-Z Saga

First off - hurrah! :lol:

To 'splain the "rocket science" behind the diode for those not electrically inclined, it goes like this:

When you have a "normal" setup, the vehicle stops on the key because it requires a decent amount of electric to power the coil.

When we put MS on the whole thing is fed from the battery live and switched on via a relay connected to the ignition live. Now, this relay only needs a tiny current (0.01amps) to keep it on, so the small trickle of electric that comes back through the alternator warning light when you switch the key off is more than enough to keep the little relay switched on and the engine running.

The diode acts like a one-way valve for electric, so when the engine is off and you turn the key on, it can flow from the battery, through the light to the alternator as it should. But, when you turn the key off, the electric can't flow from the alternator back through the light - and so the car stops!

You can use almost any normal (rectifier) diode capable of handling 1A or more (IF=1A), the part number Nige gave is more than up to it.

I was gonna write a bit about tuning but a) I'm lazy and b) Since Ian reads this thread I'm sure he can offer far better advice than anything I'd come up with.

:rolleyes:

Well,

Whilst we wait for a grown up to come along and explain (which would be very useful for me and save a lot of time :lol:) I will at the very least explain the basic software you are going to need to configure your MegaSquirt, and get it running, see whats going on inside your engine and then hopefully be able to tune it up so it runs as best as you can make it.

At the core of Megasquirt is Megatune.

Megatune is the software that as I can best describe it "Manages" the settings within the ECU,

These are things such as the 'spark table' and the 'fuel table' and a big bucket of other settings.

Whilst massively daunting :blink: for me when I was 1st looking at it, the 'MSQ' files (MS ECU Software files) I was given by others who had been this route had many of the settings the same, all arrived at independantly and many are a selection of off or on etc, as such its often the spark table, fuel table and warm up tables that vary, and these although you may find someone has done the work for you, may run your engine (as mine does with BBCs MSQ tweaked for the bigger capacity) "OK" ish, its the final tunning and datalogging that will make the real differences.

Even though Ian & My engines are significantly different - Cubic Capacity / Cam / Heads compressions etc etc etc, many of the basics are the same. We have compared spark tables and they only vary a smallish amount (mine was done for me by Mark Adams on a rolling road when I had the 2Ignition Part" - Megajolt...., on the fuelling table I have his fuel table "Beefed" up for my larger capacity.

However, from what I have read even if someone had a 3.9efi V8 all set up perfectly, it may not be as perfect on another 3.9V8 even if std, and no mods, - as engines do vary quite considerably due to wear and tolerances. Both however would run safely without going 'bang', .............but the tunning of each properly would get the best out of both of them.

As such Megatune v 2.25 is the software that I am still getting to grips with and just 98% of the settings within the ECU

Megatune can be obtained as a free download from here :

http://www.msextra.com/manuals/MS_Extra_Manual_Index.htm

I took the 20mb download and had the manuals as well !

However,

One of the things that you can't tune into Megasquirts ECU via the Megatune is the MAT and CLS sensors and their settings. Dependant on what sensors you use you have to calibrate the ECU with the settings. I will try to find the settings and Part numbers later for the ones used on mine, but the CLS is the Rover 3.9 HW V8 one. I was fortunate (ish - I spent 1.5 hours fiddling with the next bit - only to find out Mr Fridge had done it for me :) )that mine were done, but if you use werid senosrs that are not std MS configuration then you will need to use Easytherm to get the sensor settings into the ECU

Easytherm can be obtained as a freedownload from here :

http://www.msefi.com/index.php

Scrioll down to the bottom part of the page

look for Easytherm then click in the middle of the sentence where Easytherm is 'underlined',

this gives you this download.

So, in my understanding the above 2x bits of software gets the ECU CPU configured with CTS & MAT sensor inputs, and the Megatune then allows the ECU to be programmed up with Spark and Ingnition.

A small point here, there are a HUGE variantions of MS, I think I have

Megasquirt 1 with V3 Board V29 embedded code and its running EDIS8, so this is known more and 'MSnE'

So, next (and where I am now) ids the tunning, when I have everything done, and if I understand how, and nobody with far more knowledge than me has posted up here as to how to use Megatune - I may give it a go, in the meantime I am spending most of my learning time on the tuning aspect of MS

For this you need

MegaLogViewer

OK, this program is a link into MS Megatune.

When you have you engine running, you can plug in the PC, open Megatune, and ask it to "datalog" for you, as you drive the PC will store a range of engine data - Time, RPM MAT CLS 02 or AFR (dependant on Narrow band Lamda or wide band lamda, at the mo I am still learning with NB) Volts spark duty cycle of injectors - basically a HUGE amount of data.

When you stop driving the log is closed and you can go in and look at the data. When I did this (its stored as a .XLS file) its just rows and rows and rows and rows of almost (to me) meaningless data - thank gawd for MegaLogViewer.

What this does is to take all this data and then produce a series of visuals / graphs of the run, it plays it all back like a video, and is there to be looked at and studied as much as you want.

There is also a function within it (I am learning this right now) which allows the software to rewrite your AFR (air fuel ratio - ie lean just right too rich) based on the logs and readings, as yet I have played with this but have yet to try it for real as I want to understand the changes its looking to make better yet, but it is a very powerfull bit of software and as I understand it a few goes with this can make for a good map.

In simple terms this software along with the data logging faclity, and the MS and its Megatune software all linked up turns your LR into what is in effect a roading road, and they as you know cost a fortune - partly due to the "hire" of the lit (you now have this) and part due to the tunners skill - ah - you have to learn this bit !

But, if you make a mistake, provided you have saved your old settings (a MS MSQ File) you can just reload it, as such I am building up quite a number of files.

To get MegalogViewer its not quite as simple as the others, or as I found, as it requiress a Java Platform (nope - I have no idea either but it does almost make it sound that I have some F clue as to what I am doing :lol: - I don't on either count yet) ...........but this is what I did to get mine working :

Go here for a free download of MegaLogViewer :

http://www.ideasandsolutions.biz/MegaLogVi.../changeLog.html

Click on where it says "Download latest version here" bit

Now, once it is loaded try to see if it works, I got an error message which said about a Java requirement and even helpfully gave me a wesite to go get it, unfortunately the 4x downloads I tried from there didn't work, in the end I managed to get the one needed from here :

http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

You want the Windows Version "OffLine" at 13.9MB

Load this up and then MegaLogviewer works.

Ok, some of the reading I have looked at :

The Megasquirt site itself, a raft of Info,

...but it seems they assume all there know what they are doing, ...

...a tad on the dry side, and very heavy going (for me at least) but you can learn a lot,

...easy to get confused about all the variants, ...so keep a print out of what you have in front of you !

Use the search function there as there is a raft of info, they have stickys but no 2Tech Sections" as here :(

Megasquirt Main site : http://www.msefi.com/index.php

Now, I have MSnE, so this is a sub forum just for that system : http://www.msextra.com/index.php

Then here is some reading :

1st the Megatune manual :

http://www.megamanual.com/v22manual/mtune.htm

A Bit specifically on datalogging :

http://www.megamanual.com/v22manual/mtune.htm#data

Then re Datalogging and using MegalogViewer VE Tables :

http://www.ideasandsolutions.biz/MegaLogVi...veAnalysis.html

And then FAQ of MegalogViewer :

http://www.ideasandsolutions.biz/MegaLogVi...isFAQ.html#gego

And that brings us up to date with sort of where I am at the mo,

head in bnooks and reading and trying to understand it all B)

but in reality its more like :wacko:

....but a little bit each day makes a bit more sense.....

I also found having a running engine and then trying to read and see helped asome of it come to life and make sesne,

but I have a LONG way to go yet....And Thanks again To Ian G (BBC) Fridge, Bill Shurvington, and other who have and are helping me along this route :i-m_so_happy:

Nige

Just to clarify (again) there is a post in the tech archive on the different versions of ECU, Firmware and ignition options but for those lazy of clicking:

The ECU itself comes in different flavours (like different PC motherboards if you will - they all run Windows):

MegaSquirt ECU's:

V1 = Very early, first production run, you are unlikely to have one of these.

V2.2 = Second run, slightly better layout.

V3 = Current version, many things made better / more robust / idiot proof and easier to modify.

MicroSquirt = A miniaturised V3 board, can drive two coils and only relatively low-current injectors. Waterproof.

ALL MegaSquirt ECU's can run injection and/or ignition equally well, the only differences are in the construction of the boards / ease of modification.

Not MegaSquirt ECU's:

MegaJolt = A cut-down MegaSquirt for ignition only.

I/O Board (GPIO) = Almost a MegaSquirt ECU, this communicates with the ECU and provides a load of extra programmable inputs & outputs, for example if you wanted to run a LOT of big injectors, coil-on-plug on a V12, or have MegaSquirt change the colour of your neons depending on engine load...

MS-II = A processor (CPU) upgrade for MegaSquirt V1, V2.2 or V3 boards, plugs into the CPU socket and gives you a faster CPU with more memory, this means more features and higher resolution on injector opening times for example.

MegaView = A small unit with an LCD that displays all the data your ECU knows - basically a digital dashboard. You can tune your car with it (if you're particularly sad or patient). Does not work 100% with MS'n'S-E firmware (see below) but will still display basic information.

Relay Board = Makes wiring easier, especially if you're building a loom from scratch or fitting MS to a car that never had injection. Contains Relays, fuses, and screw terminals.

MegaStim = Makes an MS ECU work without a car, provides +12v plus RPM and sensor signals and indications of injector firing, fuel pump operation etc.

LCDash = A spin-off project to provide a much more bling version of MegaView. Website is here.

Firmware (Software the ECU runs / "what makes your car go"):

V3 Code = The stock injection-only code from Bruce & Al

MegaSquirt'n'Spark-Extra (MS'n'S-E) = James & Phil's version, adds ignition control, switchable fuel & spark maps, NOS, fan control, shift lights, water injection, etc. This is what most people want. It is currently up to version 029v.

Software for your PC/Laptop:

MegaTune 2.25 = The MS tuning software for Windows. Does what it says on the tin, as well as data-logging the ECU parameters for later inspection / tuning.

EasyTherm = Puts the correct coolant & air temperature sensor information into the MegaSquirt firmware and downloads it to the ECU. Used if you are running different sensors to the standard GM ones the MS is setup for.

MegaLogViewer (MLVV) = Views data logs created by MegaTune so you can play them back and look like one of those F1 boffins looking at telemetry logs in the pitlane. Apart from looking cool, this is useful for finding problems (such as a misfire :ph34r: ) that are hard to track down (it's difficult to use a laptop and drive) or generally examining your tuning efforts or engine performance from the comfort of the pub :D

MSTWeak3000 = Reads your log files and suggests improvements to your fuel map, very handy but you have to double-check results if you're using a narrowband lambda sensor as it does not (AFAIK) compensate for the fact this will be a bit lean for high load/RPM areas of the map.

MegaTunix = MegaTune, for Unix. Can run on Windows with a load of Unix libraries installed. Has a *very* sexy set of gauges for looking cool whilst tuning :D

There are also MegaTune versions for Mac and PDA/Palm but I've no experience whatsoever of these. Tuning your car via bluetooth from your PDA is a good way of showing off though :lol:

I am at the same stage as Nige with my rebuilt engine …………….. tuning time………..

Ok …………………. Time to look at the basics………..

Nige is now at the stage where a decision has to be made on exactly how the fuel table will look and its construction will depend upon the up front decisions.

Taking a look at lambda sensors , we have two types………. Narrow Band (that are fitted in 95% of today’s vehicles) and Wide Band sensors - these are sometimes used on performance cars – but they are a valuable tool for tuning.

The narrow band effectively switches around the stoichiometric value for gasoline (14.7:1)……… it reports back rich or weak, however, beyond its very narrow operating band, it does not know exactly, how rich or how weak . 99% of these use a zirconia element …………. except for the Range Rover (and a few other odd balls) which used the less common and more expensive Titania element.

However the Wide band sensor is much more useful, but has its limitation. These are usually set up to report back voltages of 0 – 5 volts for Air fuel Ratio (AFR) values of 10:1 to 20:1. This is useful as the fuel map could be set up to get the absolute maximum performance from any given engine…………

Ideally is this situation we would want 12.5:1 AFR when under hard acceleration, as this is the figure that produces maximum power and torque, then 14.0:1 for the mid range, then maybe17:1 for light throttle cruising to give max MPG…………..with other values in between to give a smooth transition…………….

To set up an AFR / Fuel tables like this with a WB sensor is quite straightforward, however, the WB sensor is expensive, not particularly robust, and has a limited life of about 5000 hours (50 hours on leaded fuels). This really limits its usefulness to being that of an excellent tuning aid.

As can be seen above, it is very difficult (if not impossible) to set up a variable AFR based fuel table when using a narrow band sensor. However, it is possible to maintain a two level table.

So………. My suggestion will be to set up a fuel table using a WB sensor that is stoichiometric, apart from hard acceleration (MAP values of 85Kpa and above) where the setting would be 12.5:1 ……………….. then refit the narrow band for normal use, but turn off EGO correction only when a good dose of right foot is detected (high MAP).

It is possible however, to set up an AFR table with the WB and then use the NB to maintain this table by limiting the amount of correction that the NB is able to apply ………quite feasible but messy and very time consuming to implement. ……… the biggest issue here is that you are limiting the the whole point of and O2 sensor ……… its there to give quantitive feedback and instigate adjustments based on that information. Common facors that effect the AFR are quality of fuel, changes in air density, etc, etc.

:)

Ian

Just a small footnote to the last 2 posts.

I am using the Innovate motor sports WB sesnor. Its a nice little bit of kit & can itself be programmed. It has 2 configurable outputs, so one 0-5 can be used for MS and the other to drive a gauge if one wished.

The autotune function of megatune works very well to get a rough VE map very quickly - start it & drive for 15 mins+, it tunes for you as you go.

One thing to make sure of - set the '1s delay/average' option on the WB not 'instantanious', it doe snot work well with the later.

After that Megalogviewer or a mate sitting beside as you drive can tweak futher.

I would like to see you Ign map nige, if you could post a copy?

Also, whilst tuning on the road via laptop, always ensure you have a known working good copy the MSQ, its not uncommon for the ECU to wipe itself or get garbled if the system has a few resets with the laptop plugged in during tuning.

(I found this out in the middle of Norwich City Centre, at some traffic lights!!)

Dont forget Megatunix which is an alternative to the aforementioned megatune. It can and does run on a windows machine, its very user friendly, has a superb dash design interface, does exactly what megatune does and more, but its really party piece is that it has a real time tooth count and data logger.

I would like to see you Ign map nige, if you could post a copy?

Yes, come on Nige, get it out, youve seen mine :ph34r:

Rog,

Erm

Nope, actually I can't !

Guess the Megaview doesn't like the file as your running another version, can you JPEG up your Spark MAP and VE Fuel

I am heavily into some datalogging and tunning now, in a while I will put up a 'Before n After' pictures...... which on current changes means the 2 VE Maps will be completely different

I have now, thanks to MegaViewerLog and BBC 'found' a tickover :hysterical:

Nige :blink:

Yes you can - From the "Tuning -> Spark table 1" screen use "File -> Table Export" to save it as a .VEX file, you should then be able to go "File -> Table Import" and use it in your setup.

MSQ files are dependent on the ECU firmware, VEX files are for sharing fuel maps & spark maps between different versions.

Here's my current ignition map, binned the last one i was using (which was calculated from a spreadsheet in the MS manual somewhere) and started from scratch. Stuck to not over max. 30deg for the 4.6 but may be a bit brutal at low rpm (but way better response & torque!)

Any comments welcome and would be interested to see other maps.

I'm not sure about advancing timing at low kpa+high rpm but im using overrun fuel cut for better engine braking so not sure if this matters so much?

post-692-1186511186_thumb.png

EVEME 1.0
UserRev: 1.00
UserComment: 
Date: 08-07-2007
Time: 19:23
Page 0
Scale 0.352000
Translate -28.400000
VE Table RPM Range              [12]
  [  0] =   5
  [  1] =   8
  [  2] =  10
  [  3] =  15
  [  4] =  20
  [  5] =  25
  [  6] =  28
  [  7] =  30
  [  8] =  35
  [  9] =  42
  [ 10] =  50
  [ 11] =  60
VE Table Load Range (MAP)       [12]
  [  0] =  20
  [  1] =  25
  [  2] =  30
  [  3] =  35
  [  4] =  40
  [  5] =  45
  [  6] =  50
  [  7] =  55
  [  8] =  60
  [  9] =  70
  [ 10] =  80
  [ 11] = 100
VE Table                        [ 12][ 12]
          [  0] [  1] [  2] [  3] [  4] [  5] [  6] [  7] [  8] [  9] [ 10] [ 11]
  [  0] =   85    85    91    97   105   114   114   114   114   114   114   114
  [  1] =   85    85    91    97   102   114   114   114   114   114   114   114
  [  2] =   82    82    82    94   102   114   114   114   114   114   114   114
  [  3] =   80    82    82    94    99   114   114   114   114   114   114   114
  [  4] =   80    80    82    94    99   114   114   114   114   114   114   114
  [  5] =   77    77    80    94    99   114   114   114   114   114   114   114
  [  6] =   77    77    80    94    99   114   114   114   114   114   114   114
  [  7] =   74    74    77    94    99   114   114   114   114   114   114   114
  [  8] =   74    74    74    94    99   114   114   114   114   114   114   114
  [  9] =   71    71    71    94    99   114   114   114   114   114   114   114
  [ 10] =   62    62    65    91   105   114   114   114   114   114   114   114
  [ 11] =   57    57    60    85   105   114   114   114   114   114   114   114

and here's my target AFR table (for use with wideband o2)

Not going leaner than 14.7 at cruise to be on the safe side (liner slip, etc). How lean can you safely go?

post-692-1186511785_thumb.png

EVEME 1.0
UserRev: 1.00
UserComment: 
Date: 08-07-2007
Time: 19:34
Page 0
Scale 0.039200
Translate 255.000000
VE Table RPM Range              [ 8]
  [  0] =  12
  [  1] =  25
  [  2] =  30
  [  3] =  35
  [  4] =  40
  [  5] =  45
  [  6] =  50
  [  7] =  58
VE Table Load Range (MAP)       [ 8]
  [  0] =  15
  [  1] =  25
  [  2] =  45
  [  3] =  60
  [  4] =  70
  [  5] =  80
  [  6] =  90
  [  7] = 100
VE Table                        [  8][  8]
          [  0] [  1] [  2] [  3] [  4] [  5] [  6] [  7]
  [  0] =  120   120   120   120   120   120   120   120
  [  1] =  102   120   120   120   120   120   120   120
  [  2] =  102   120   120   120   120   120   120   120
  [  3] =  102   120   120   120   120   102   102   102
  [  4] =  102   120   120   102   102   102    89    89
  [  5] =  102   120   102    77    77    77    77    77
  [  6] =   77    89    77    64    64    64    64    64
  [  7] =   77    77    77    64    64    64    64    64

Right

3 Ignition MAPS

1st, a "Safe Map" which was given to me with the help of Mark Adams, he said that this was quite "Soft", but DO Bear in mind this is for my engine which is a tad wild, however as a basic MAP you could do worse than try this :

post-22-1186514360_thumb.jpg

Then we move on - this is the MAP I had after a session on the rolling road, again, this is MagaJolt and therefore less "Bins" than MS, as you will see the advance is quite erm "Wild" :) It also represents a fair amount of my wallet too :lol:

post-22-1186514493_thumb.jpg

And now the MAP in the MS at the moment, which is the one above but tweaked and stretched to the MS 12x12 Table, PLEASE Be warned this ignition is a tad wild, DO NOT Just shove this into a std V8 and see if it blows up :lol:, use carefully as a guide, and if you use any start with the safe Map above :) . I gave a copy of this to ian earlier when he was MS his engine, his MAP is a softer version of mine, and he also bear in mind has a Whizzy Cam :)

post-22-1186514530_thumb.jpg

If you use these and you melt your engines then tough its your choice !

Seriously do watch out on the advance settings !

Interested in peoples thoughts !

If anyone does start modifying their MAP from what they have now to a combo of the above lot,

then do post up the differences between your old / new MAP, and how it feels and performs,

and then don't foget to add what the new MAP looks like up here !

Jon W Has a MAP for Carb V8s in Megajolt format he built and his ran loverley too,

maybe I can persuade him to find it and shove it up too :)

Nige

Phew thats some advance!

here is mine:

post-400-1186524742_thumb.jpg

Spark Table

For those that are interested

post-400-1186524729_thumb.jpg

Fuel Table

And the full code:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
<msq xmlns="http://www.msefi.com/:msq">
  <bibliography author="MegaTune 2.25" writeDate="2007-03-17T14:40:48+00:00" />
  <versionInfo fileFormat="4.0" nPages="9" signature="MSnS-extra format 029q *********" />
  <page number="0" size="189">
  <constant name="algorithm1">"Speed Density"</constant>
  <constant name="alternate1">"Alternating"</constant>
  <constant name="baroCorr1">"On"</constant>
  <constant name="battFac1" units="ms/v">0.10</constant>
  <constant name="cltType1">"Unknown3"</constant>
  <constant name="divider1">2</constant>
  <constant name="egoCount1">37</constant>
  <constant name="egoDelta1" units="%">0</constant>
  <constant name="egoIgnCount">"Ign Pulses*^"</constant>
  <constant name="egoLimit1" units="%">10</constant>
  <constant name="egoRPM1" units="RPM">1300</constant>
  <constant name="egoSwitch1" units="v">0.510</constant>
  <constant name="egoTemp1" units="C">71</constant>
  <constant name="egoType1">"Narrow band"</constant>
  <constant name="engineType1">"Even fire"</constant>
  <constant name="fastIdleT1" units="C">68.8</constant>
  <constant name="injOpen1" units="ms">1.0</constant>
  <constant name="injPwmP1" units="%">100</constant>
  <constant name="injPwmT1" units="ms">25.5</constant>
  <constant name="mapBins1" rows="12" units="kPa">
  </constant>
  <constant name="mapSensor1">"1"</constant>
  <constant name="mapType1">"250 kPa"</constant>
  <constant name="matType1">"Unknown3"</constant>
  <constant name="nCylinders1">"8"</constant>
  <constant name="nInjectors1">"8"</constant>
  <constant name="reqFuel1" units="ms">11.0</constant>
  <constant name="rpmBins1" rows="12" units="RPM">
  </constant>
  <constant name="rpmk1">1500</constant>
  <constant name="twoStroke1">"Four-stroke"</constant>
  <constant cols="12" name="veBins1" rows="12" units="%">
	 44 42 46 46 42 42 42 50 52 53 56 56
	 44 45 46 47 49 49 50 56 60 60 60 60
	 42 42 46 53 56 56 59 65 65 65 66 68
	 42 45 48 55 58 62 70 74 74 74 74 74
	 48 48 53 57 64 66 72 78 78 78 78 78
	 51 54 55 57 66 70 76 78 80 80 80 80
	 58 59 59 62 69 74 78 79 80 80 80 80
	 63 65 66 64 69 74 76 79 80 80 80 80
	 67 70 68 67 71 75 76 78 80 80 80 80
	 71 72 73 70 73 75 76 78 80 80 80 80
	 71 72 73 71 74 75 76 78 80 80 80 80
	 71 72 73 71 75 76 76 79 80 80 81 81
  </constant>
  </page>
  <page number="1" size="189">
  <constant name="TwoLambda">"None*^(DT)"</constant>
  <constant name="algorithm2">"Speed Density"</constant>
  <constant name="alternate2">"Alternating"</constant>
  <constant name="baroCorr2">"On"</constant>
  <constant name="battFac2" units="ms/v">0.10</constant>
  <constant name="cltType2">"Unknown2"</constant>
  <constant name="divider2">2</constant>
  <constant name="egoDelta2" units="%">1</constant>
  <constant name="egoLimit2" units="%">5</constant>
  <constant name="egoRPM2" units="RPM">1200</constant>
  <constant name="egoSwitch2" units="v">2.509</constant>
  <constant name="egoTemp2" units="C">71</constant>
  <constant name="egoType2">"Wide band"</constant>
  <constant name="engineType2">"Even fire"</constant>
  <constant name="fastIdleT2" units="C">71.0</constant>
  <constant name="injOpen2" units="ms">1.0</constant>
  <constant name="injPwmP2" units="%">100</constant>
  <constant name="injPwmT2" units="ms">25.5</constant>
  <constant name="mapBins2" rows="12" units="kPa">
  </constant>
  <constant name="mapType2">"250 kPa"</constant>
  <constant name="matType2">"Unknown2"</constant>
  <constant name="nCylinders2">"8"</constant>
  <constant name="nInjectors2">"8"</constant>
  <constant name="primePulse2" units="ms">1.2</constant>
  <constant name="reqFuel2" units="ms">5.4</constant>
  <constant name="rpmBins2" rows="12" units="RPM">
  </constant>
  <constant name="rpmk2">1500</constant>
  <constant name="twoStroke2">"Four-stroke"</constant>
  <constant cols="12" name="veBins2" rows="12" units="%">
	 50 48 44 45 20 20 20 20 20 20 35 60
	 50 48 44 45 34 34 34 34 34 34 60 60
	 46 49 46 45 50 53 61 62 63 71 71 71
	 51 52 59 57 60 66 71 72 73 74 74 74
	 61 68 69 70 71 72 75 77 78 86 86 86
	 78 79 81 82 82 83 88 89 89 89 89 89
	 85 94 96 98 99 99 107 108 109 109 109 109
	 85 94 96 100 103 107 114 116 117 117 117 117
	 85 94 96 101 104 107 118 120 121 121 121 121
	 85 94 96 103 106 109 118 121 123 123 123 123
	 85 94 96 105 108 111 119 122 125 125 125 125
	 85 94 96 105 108 115 119 126 129 129 129 129
  </constant>
  </page>
  <page number="2" size="189">
  <constant name="CrankAng" units="Deg">10</constant>
  <constant name="FixAng" units="Deg">-10</constant>
  <constant name="IdleAdv" units="Deg">-10</constant>
  <constant name="IdleAdvCLT" units="C">-40.0</constant>
  <constant name="IdleAdvRPM" units="RPM">500</constant>
  <constant name="IdleAdvTPS" units="ADC">0</constant>
  <constant name="IdleDelayTime" units="sec">1</constant>
  <constant name="IgHold">0</constant>
  <constant name="IgInv">"Yes"</constant>
  <constant name="Stg2ndParmDlt" units="kPa">0</constant>
  <constant name="Stg2ndParmKPA" units="kPa">0</constant>
  <constant name="StgCycles" units="cycles">25</constant>
  <constant name="TrigAng" units="Deg">60</constant>
  <constant name="TrigCrank">"Time Based"</constant>
  <constant name="Trig_plus">"0"</constant>
  <constant name="Trim" units="Deg">0</constant>
  <constant cols="12" name="advTable1" rows="12" units="deg">
	 8 8 13 21 25 27 29 33 37 37 41 41
	 8 8 13 21 24 27 29 33 37 37 41 41
	 8 8 13 21 24 26 29 33 37 37 39 39
	 8 8 12 20 24 26 29 32 37 37 38 39
	 8 8 12 20 23 26 29 32 36 37 39 39
	 8 8 12 19 23 26 29 31 36 36 38 39
	 8 8 11 19 22 25 29 31 36 36 37 39
	 8 8 11 18 22 25 28 31 35 35 37 37
	 9 9 11 18 21 25 28 30 35 35 37 37
	 9 9 11 17 20 24 28 30 32 32 32 32
	 8 8 11 17 20 24 27 30 32 32 32 32
	 8 8 10 17 20 24 27 30 32 32 32 32
  </constant>
  <constant name="mapBins3" rows="12" units="kPa">
  </constant>
  <constant name="oddfire">"No"</constant>
  <constant name="rpmBins3" rows="12" units="RPM">
  </constant>
  <constant name="spare3_182">150</constant>
  <constant name="spare3_183">140</constant>
  <constant name="spare3_184">130</constant>
  </page>
  <page number="3" size="189">
  <constant name="AFMUse">"No AFM *^"</constant>
  <constant name="AccDecEnrich">"TPSdot*^(DT)"</constant>
  <constant name="AccelMapASE">"Normal*^"</constant>
  <constant name="AfrTar">"Off*^(DT)"</constant>
  <constant name="AfrTar2">"Off*^(DT)"</constant>
  <constant name="AirCorAFM">"Use IAT"</constant>
  <constant name="AlphBaroCor">"No"</constant>
  <constant name="BarroHi" units="KPa">105</constant>
  <constant name="BarroLow" units="KPa">90</constant>
  <constant name="BooTbl2Use">"Targets 2"</constant>
  <constant name="BoostDir">"Increase boost"</constant>
  <constant name="BoostMaxKn" units="KPa">0</constant>
  <constant name="CltAdv">"On"</constant>
  <constant name="ConsBarCor">"Not Fitted*^"</constant>
  <constant name="DecayAcPoint" units="mS">0.0</constant>
  <constant name="DecayAccel">"Decay"</constant>
  <constant name="DecelBoost">"Above KPa Setpoint"</constant>
  <constant name="DecelKPa" units="kPa">75</constant>
  <constant name="DtNos">"Bank1"</constant>
  <constant name="EgoLim2" units="+-">5</constant>
  <constant name="EgoLimKPa" units="KPa">90</constant>
  <constant name="HCutLCSpark" units="Sparks">3</constant>
  <constant name="HCutLCType">"Fuel Only"</constant>
  <constant name="HCutSpark" units="Sparks">3</constant>
  <constant name="HCutType">"Spark Cut Only"</constant>
  <constant name="HardRevLim" units="rpm">6300</constant>
  <constant name="IATBoost" units="C">141.5</constant>
  <constant name="IATBoostSt" units="C">99.9</constant>
  <constant name="IStagedMode">"Off*^"</constant>
  <constant name="IatAdvKpa" units="KPa">80</constant>
  <constant name="IgAdvDeg" units="C">10.0</constant>
  <constant name="IgAdvTemp" units="C">54.9</constant>
  <constant name="IgRetDeg" units="C">10.0</constant>
  <constant name="IgRetTemp" units="C">45.0</constant>
  <constant name="InvOut1">"Normal"</constant>
  <constant name="InvOut2">"Normal"</constant>
  <constant name="KPaDotBoost">"Never"</constant>
  <constant name="KPaOn" units="KPa">85</constant>
  <constant name="KPaTarg10" units="KPa">6</constant>
  <constant name="KPaTarg100" units="KPa">33</constant>
  <constant name="KPaTarg40" units="KPa">15</constant>
  <constant name="KPaTarg60" units="KPa">24</constant>
  <constant name="KnockAdv" units="Deg">1</constant>
  <constant name="KnockBoost" units="KPa">0</constant>
  <constant name="KnockKpa" units="KPa">100</constant>
  <constant name="KnockMax" units="Deg">3</constant>
  <constant name="KnockOn">"Off"</constant>
  <constant name="KnockRet" units="Deg">2</constant>
  <constant name="KnockRpm" units="RPM">5700</constant>
  <constant name="KnockRpmL" units="RPM">2000</constant>
  <constant name="KnockSb" units="Deg">1</constant>
  <constant name="KnockTim" units="Sec">1</constant>
  <constant name="KpaTPSTar">"Speed Density"</constant>
  <constant name="LC_f_limangle" units="Deg">-10</constant>
  <constant name="LC_f_slim" units="RPM">25500</constant>
  <constant name="LC_flatlim" units="RPM">19000</constant>
  <constant name="LC_flatsel" units="RPM">25500</constant>
  <constant name="LachDeg" units="Deg">5</constant>
  <constant name="LachRpm" units="RPM">1900</constant>
  <constant name="LachTps" units="Raw ADC">30</constant>
  <constant name="LaunchLim" units="rpm">2200</constant>
  <constant name="MaxIatAdv" units="Deg">3.2</constant>
  <constant name="N2Odel_flat" units="s">2.55</constant>
  <constant name="N2Odel_launch" units="s">2.51</constant>
  <constant name="N2Oholdon" units="s">2.55</constant>
  <constant name="NosAngle" units="Deg">18</constant>
  <constant name="NosClt" units="C">48.8</constant>
  <constant name="NosHiKpa" units="KPa">120</constant>
  <constant name="NosLagSystem">"Off"</constant>
  <constant name="NosLowKpa" units="KPa">80</constant>
  <constant name="NosPWHi" units="mSec">0.3</constant>
  <constant name="NosPWLo" units="mSec">1.2</constant>
  <constant name="NosRpm" units="RPM">3000</constant>
  <constant name="NosRpmMax" units="RPM">6000</constant>
  <constant name="NosTps" units="Raw">200</constant>
  <constant name="OLoopEgo">"KPa"</constant>
  <constant name="Out1UpLim" units="raw byte or deg F +40">0</constant>
  <constant name="Out2UpLim" units="raw byte or deg F +40">0</constant>
  <constant name="Out3_Out1">"Source"</constant>
  <constant name="OvrBCutType">"Spark Cut Only"</constant>
  <constant name="OvrBKpa" units="KPa">200</constant>
  <constant name="OvrRunC">"Off"</constant>
  <constant name="OvrRunClt" units="C">71</constant>
  <constant name="OvrRunKpa" units="KPa">20</constant>
  <constant name="OvrRunRpm" units="RPM">1300</constant>
  <constant name="OvrRunTimr" units="Sec">2</constant>
  <constant name="OvrRunTps" units="Raw ADC">21</constant>
  <constant name="Pambient" units="kPa">100</constant>
  <constant name="RPM1S" units="3000RPM/Sec or 5%Slip">10.0</constant>
  <constant name="RPM2S" units="4000RPM/Sec or 15%Slip">12.0</constant>
  <constant name="RPM3S" units="6000RPM/Sec or 30%Slip">13.0</constant>
  <constant name="RPM4S" units="10000RPM/Sec or 70%Slip ">15.0</constant>
  <constant name="RPMAE1" units="RPM">4400</constant>
  <constant name="RPMAE2" units="RPM">3500</constant>
  <constant name="RPMAE3" units="RPM">200</constant>
  <constant name="RPMAE4" units="RPM">800</constant>
  <constant name="RPMBAsedAE">"Normal AE*^"</constant>
  <constant name="RPMThresh" units="RPM/Sec">3000</constant>
  <constant name="RPMmS1" units="mS">1.4</constant>
  <constant name="RPMmS2" units="mS">1.0</constant>
  <constant name="RPMmS3" units="mS">0.7</constant>
  <constant name="RPMmS4" units="mS">0.1</constant>
  <constant name="ST2Delay" units="Sec">0.0</constant>
  <constant name="STTable2On">"Spark Table2"</constant>
  <constant name="ScaleFac">255</constant>
  <constant name="ShiftLower" units="rpm">5200</constant>
  <constant name="ShiftUpper" units="rpm">5600</constant>
  <constant name="SoftLimMax" units="s">0.0</constant>
  <constant name="SoftLimRetard" units="deg">15</constant>
  <constant name="SoftRevLim" units="rpm">6200</constant>
  <constant name="SparkCutBNum" units="Sparks">3</constant>
  <constant name="SparkCutBase" units="Sparks">10</constant>
  <constant name="StagedAnd">"One condition"</constant>
  <constant name="StagedMAP2nd">"Off*^"</constant>
  <constant name="StartWIKPa" units="KPa">115</constant>
  <constant name="StgDelta">3</constant>
  <constant name="StgTrans">25</constant>
  <constant name="TPSAFRPoint" units="Raw ADC">255</constant>
  <constant name="TPSBooIAT" units="Raw ADC">255</constant>
  <constant name="TPSRPMTarg">"RPM"</constant>
  <constant name="TPSTar">"Always"</constant>
  <constant name="TargetB1" units="Raw Value">1</constant>
  <constant name="TargetB2" units="Raw Value">10</constant>
  <constant name="TargetB3" units="Raw Value">19</constant>
  <constant name="TargetB4" units="Raw Value">28</constant>
  <constant name="TpsOn" units="Raw">0</constant>
  <constant name="TractCySec">"Cycle count only"</constant>
  <constant name="TractCyc1" units="3000RPM/Sec or 5%Slip">1</constant>
  <constant name="TractCyc2" units="4000RPM/Sec or 15%Slip">2</constant>
  <constant name="TractCyc3" units="6000RPM/Sec or 30%Slip">4</constant>
  <constant name="TractCyc4" units="10000RPM/Sec or 70%Slip">4</constant>
  <constant name="TractMode">"Vehicle Speed Sensors"</constant>
  <constant name="TractNOS">"No"</constant>
  <constant name="TractRet1" units="3000RPM/Sec or 5%Slip">5</constant>
  <constant name="TractRet2" units="4000RPM/Sec or 15%Slip">10</constant>
  <constant name="TractRet3" units="6000RPM/Sec or 30%Slip">15</constant>
  <constant name="TractRet4" units="10000RPM/Sec or 70%Slip">18</constant>
  <constant name="TractSC1" units="3000RPM/Sec or 5%Slip">1</constant>
  <constant name="TractSC2" units="4000RPM/Sec or 15%Slip">1</constant>
  <constant name="TractSC3" units="6000RPM/Sec or 30%Slip">2</constant>
  <constant name="TractSC4" units="10000RPM/Sec or 70%Slip">2</constant>
  <constant name="TractScale" units="%">9</constant>
  <constant name="TractSlip" units="%">5</constant>
  <constant name="TractSlipH" units="%">2</constant>
  <constant name="TractVSSMax" units="V">5.00</constant>
  <constant name="TractVSSMin" units="V">5.00</constant>
  <constant name="TractionOn">"Off*^"</constant>
  <constant name="UseVE3">"Dont switch*^(DT)"</constant>
  <constant name="VE3Delay" units="Sec">0.0</constant>
  <constant name="VLaunch">"Off"</constant>
  <constant name="WaterIIat" units="C">25.0</constant>
  <constant name="WaterIRpm" units="RPM">3000</constant>
  <constant name="WaterInj">"Off*"</constant>
  <constant name="bcUpdateRate" units="ms">20</constant>
  <constant name="bc_max_diff" units="kPa">255</constant>
  <constant name="boostUse">"Output1*^"</constant>
  <constant name="dGain" units="%">9.8</constant>
  <constant name="dualdizzy">"Normal"</constant>
  <constant name="dwellcont">"Dwell control"</constant>
  <constant name="dwellcrank" units="ms">5.5</constant>
  <constant name="dwellduty50">"50% duty cycle"</constant>
  <constant name="dwellrun" units="ms">3.6</constant>
  <constant name="edis">"Off*^"</constant>
  <constant name="edismulti">"Off*^"</constant>
  <constant name="edismultirpm" units="rpm">100</constant>
  <constant name="efanofftemp" units="C">83.8</constant>
  <constant name="efanontemp" units="C">88.2</constant>
  <constant name="falsetrig_dis">"Enabled*"</constant>
  <constant name="fidleUse">"Idle control*"</constant>
  <constant name="freqDiv">"39.0 Hz"</constant>
  <constant name="hei7">"Off*^"</constant>
  <constant name="hybridAN">"Off*^"</constant>
  <constant name="ignmode">4</constant>
  <constant name="inj1g">"on*^"</constant>
  <constant name="inj2cr">"On*^"</constant>
  <constant name="inj2g">"on*^"</constant>
  <constant name="inj2t">"1*^"</constant>
  <constant name="launchUse">"Off*^"</constant>
  <constant name="led17Use">"Spark output A"</constant>
  <constant name="led18Use">"Spark output C"</constant>
  <constant name="led18_2Use">"1"</constant>
  <constant name="led19Use">"Spark output B"</constant>
  <constant name="maeBins4" rows="4" units="ms">
  </constant>
  <constant name="maeRates4" rows="4" units="ms">
  </constant>
  <constant name="mapProportion4">"TPSdot*^(DT)"</constant>
  <constant name="mapThresh4" units="kPa/s">50</constant>
  <constant name="mindischg" units="ms">0.1</constant>
  <constant name="miss2nd">"no missing"</constant>
  <constant name="msnsCyl">"Off*"</constant>
  <constant name="neonCrank">"Off*^"</constant>
  <constant name="nitrousUse">"Off*"</constant>
  <constant name="numteeth">36</constant>
  <constant name="onetwo">"-1"</constant>
  <constant name="out1Hysis" units="raw byte or deg F">0</constant>
  <constant name="out1lim" units="raw byte or deg F +40">0</constant>
  <constant name="out1src">"Off*"</constant>
  <constant name="out2Hysis" units="raw byte or deg F">0</constant>
  <constant name="out2lim" units="raw byte or deg F +40">0</constant>
  <constant name="out2src">"Off*"</constant>
  <constant name="out3Timer" units="Sec">1.0</constant>
  <constant name="out3lim" units="raw byte or deg F +40">1</constant>
  <constant name="out3sparkd">"Spark output D"</constant>
  <constant name="out3src">"Off*"</constant>
  <constant name="out4FAN">"Source"</constant>
  <constant name="out4lim" units="raw byte or deg F +40">0</constant>
  <constant name="out4src">"Off*"</constant>
  <constant name="pGain" units="%">49.8</constant>
  <constant name="rotaryFDign">"FD Trailing"</constant>
  <constant name="shiftUse">"Off*^"</constant>
  <constant name="spkeop">"Shiftlight"</constant>
  <constant name="spkfop">"Knock input"</constant>
  <constant name="tachconf">"X5 (JS3)"</constant>
  <constant name="tachconfdiv">"Normal"</constant>
  <constant name="taeBins4" rows="4" units="ms">
  </constant>
  <constant name="taeColdA4" units="ms">0.5</constant>
  <constant name="taeColdM4" units="%">105</constant>
  <constant name="taeIgnCount">"Sec*^"</constant>
  <constant name="taeRates4" rows="4" units="ms">
  </constant>
  <constant name="taeTime4" units="ms">0.3</constant>
  <constant name="tdePct4" units="%">75</constant>
  <constant name="tfi">"Off*^"</constant>
  <constant name="toy_dli">"Normal*"</constant>
  <constant name="tpsThresh4" units="v/s">0.586</constant>
  <constant name="trig1">1</constant>
  <constant name="trig1ret">6</constant>
  <constant name="trig2">10</constant>
  <constant name="trig2fall">"falling (like IRQ)"</constant>
  <constant name="trig2ret">15</constant>
  <constant name="trig3">19</constant>
  <constant name="trig3ret">24</constant>
  <constant name="trig4">28</constant>
  <constant name="trig4ret">33</constant>
  <constant name="trig5">0</constant>
  <constant name="trig5ret">0</constant>
  <constant name="trig6">0</constant>
  <constant name="trig6ret">0</constant>
  <constant name="wd_2trig">"Off"</constant>
  <constant name="wheel_old">"025 style"</constant>
  <constant name="wheelon">"Generic wheel"</constant>
  <constant name="whlsim">"off"</constant>
  <constant name="whlsimcnt">4</constant>
  <constant name="x2use">"Fan control"</constant>
  </page>
  <page number="4" size="189">
  <constant cols="12" name="advTable2" rows="12" units="deg">
	 8 8 13 21 25 27 29 33 37 37 41 41
	 8 8 13 21 24 27 29 33 37 37 41 41
	 8 8 13 21 24 26 29 33 37 37 39 39
	 8 8 12 20 24 26 29 32 37 37 38 39
	 8 8 12 20 23 26 29 32 36 37 39 39
	 8 8 12 19 23 26 29 31 36 36 38 39
	 8 8 11 19 22 25 29 31 36 36 37 39
	 8 8 11 18 22 25 28 31 35 35 37 37
	 9 9 11 18 21 25 28 30 35 35 37 37
	 9 9 11 17 20 24 28 30 32 32 32 32
	 8 8 11 17 20 24 27 30 32 32 32 32
	 8 8 10 17 20 24 27 30 32 32 32 32
  </constant>
  <constant name="mapBins4" rows="12" units="kPa">
  </constant>
  <constant name="rpmBins4" rows="12" units="RPM">
  </constant>
  </page>
  <page number="5" size="189">
  <constant name="ASEFixDe">"Fixed then Decay"</constant>
  <constant name="ASEFixTemp" units="C">23.9</constant>
  <constant name="ASEFixTim">11</constant>
  <constant name="ASETable1" units="%">35</constant>
  <constant name="ASETable10" units="%">2</constant>
  <constant name="ASETable2" units="%">25</constant>
  <constant name="ASETable3" units="%">22</constant>
  <constant name="ASETable4" units="%">20</constant>
  <constant name="ASETable5" units="%">18</constant>
  <constant name="ASETable6" units="%">14</constant>
  <constant name="ASETable7" units="%">10</constant>
  <constant name="ASETable8" units="%">7</constant>
  <constant name="ASETable9" units="%">5</constant>
  <constant name="ASETime">17</constant>
  <constant name="VEFixASE">"Normal MAP *^"</constant>
  <constant name="VEFixValue" units="kpa">46</constant>
  <constant name="aseIgnCount">"Sec"</constant>
  <constant name="mapBins5" rows="12" units="kPa">
  </constant>
  <constant name="rpmBins5" rows="12" units="RPM">
  </constant>
  <constant cols="12" name="veBins3" rows="12" units="%">
	 22 28 32 37 40 43 44 45 44 42 41 40
	 24 30 35 39 43 46 47 48 47 45 44 42
	 25 31 36 41 45 47 49 49 48 47 45 44
	 26 32 38 43 47 50 52 52 51 50 48 47
	 27 33 39 45 49 52 53 54 53 51 50 48
	 28 35 41 47 52 55 57 57 56 54 52 51
	 29 36 42 48 53 56 58 59 58 56 54 52
	 30 37 43 50 54 58 60 60 59 57 55 53
	 32 39 46 52 57 61 63 63 62 60 58 56
	 32 40 47 53 59 62 64 65 64 62 60 58
	 34 42 49 56 61 65 67 68 67 65 62 60
	 35 43 50 57 63 67 69 69 68 66 64 62
  </constant>
  </page>
  <page number="6" size="189">
  <constant name="Nos2Angle" units="Deg">26</constant>
  <constant name="Nos2PWHi" units="mSec">9.5</constant>
  <constant name="Nos2PWLo" units="mSec">8.5</constant>
  <constant name="Nos2Rpm" units="RPM">12500</constant>
  <constant name="Nos2RpmMax" units="RPM">15000</constant>
  <constant name="Nos2delay" units="s">0.60</constant>
  <constant cols="8" name="afrBins1" rows="8" units="Volts">
	 2.57 2.57 2.57 2.57 2.57 2.57 2.57 2.57
	 2.57 2.57 2.57 2.57 2.57 2.57 2.57 2.37
	 2.57 2.57 2.57 2.57 2.57 2.27 2.27 2.16
	 2.57 2.57 2.57 2.57 2.57 2.27 2.16 2.16
	 2.27 2.27 2.27 2.27 2.27 2.16 2.16 2.16
	 2.16 2.16 2.16 2.16 2.16 2.16 2.16 2.16
  </constant>
  <constant cols="8" name="afrBins2" rows="8" units="Volts">
	 2.96 2.96 2.67 2.76 2.76 2.76 2.76 2.76
	 2.76 2.76 2.57 2.57 2.57 2.57 2.57 2.57
	 2.27 2.27 2.57 2.57 2.57 2.57 2.57 2.57
	 2.27 2.27 2.57 2.57 2.57 2.57 2.57 2.27
	 2.27 2.27 2.16 2.16 2.16 2.06 2.16 2.16
	 2.16 2.16 2.06 2.06 2.06 2.06 2.06 2.06
	 2.06 2.06 2.06 2.06 2.06 2.06 2.06 2.06
  </constant>
  <constant name="mapBins6" rows="8" units="kPa">
  </constant>
  <constant name="mapBins7" rows="8" units="kPa">
  </constant>
  <constant name="outaoffs">"0"</constant>
  <constant name="outaoffv" units="deg">42.2</constant>
  <constant name="outboffs">"+45"</constant>
  <constant name="outboffv" units="deg">45.1</constant>
  <constant name="outcoffs">"0"</constant>
  <constant name="outcoffv" units="deg">45.1</constant>
  <constant name="outdoffs">"0"</constant>
  <constant name="outdoffv" units="deg">45.1</constant>
  <constant name="outeoffs">"0"</constant>
  <constant name="outeoffv" units="deg">0.0</constant>
  <constant name="outfoffs">"0"</constant>
  <constant name="outfoffv" units="deg">0.0</constant>
  <constant name="rpmBins6" rows="8" units="RPM">
  </constant>
  <constant name="rpmBins7" rows="8" units="RPM">
  </constant>
  </page>
  <page number="7" size="189">
  <constant cols="6" name="bcBins1" rows="6" units="kpa">
	 20 20 20 20 20 20
	 50 50 50 50 50 50
	 80 80 80 80 80 80
	 100 100 100 100 100 100
	 130 130 130 130 130 130
	 160 160 160 160 160 160
  </constant>
  <constant cols="6" name="bcBins2" rows="6" units="duty">
	 4 4 4 4 4 4
	 20 20 20 20 20 20
	 31 31 31 31 31 31
	 39 39 39 39 39 39
	 39 39 39 39 39 39
	 39 39 39 39 39 39
  </constant>
  <constant cols="6" name="bcBins3" rows="6" units="kpa">
	 10 10 10 10 10 10
	 20 20 20 20 20 20
	 100 100 100 100 100 100
	 120 120 120 120 120 120
	 140 140 140 140 140 140
	 160 160 160 160 160 160
  </constant>
  <constant name="bcrpmBins1" rows="6" units="RPM">
  </constant>
  <constant name="bcrpmBins2" rows="6" units="RPM">
  </constant>
  <constant name="bcrpmBins3" rows="6" units="RPM">
  </constant>
  <constant name="bctpsBins1" rows="6" units="tps%">
  </constant>
  <constant name="bctpsBins2" rows="6" units="tps%">
  </constant>
  <constant name="bctpsBins3" rows="6" units="tps%">
  </constant>
  </page>
  <page number="8" size="189">
  <constant name="AlwaysPrime">"Always"</constant>
  <constant name="CrankPWT1" units="mS">10.0</constant>
  <constant name="CrankPWT10" units="mS">3.0</constant>
  <constant name="CrankPWT2" units="mS">8.8</constant>
  <constant name="CrankPWT3" units="mS">7.0</constant>
  <constant name="CrankPWT4" units="mS">6.0</constant>
  <constant name="CrankPWT5" units="mS">5.5</constant>
  <constant name="CrankPWT6" units="mS">5.2</constant>
  <constant name="CrankPWT7" units="mS">4.6</constant>
  <constant name="CrankPWT8" units="mS">4.2</constant>
  <constant name="CrankPWT9" units="mS">3.8</constant>
  <constant name="CrankRPM" units="rpm">300</constant>
  <constant name="ExFuelCrank">"On"</constant>
  <constant name="ExtraFMult" units="%">25</constant>
  <constant name="IATCTemp" rows="7" units="C">
  </constant>
  <constant name="IATCor">"Normal Correction*^"</constant>
  <constant name="IATCorS" rows="7" units="%">
  </constant>
  <constant name="IATCorTy">"IAT Corrected"</constant>
  <constant name="Idashdelay" units="x 0.01sec">0</constant>
  <constant name="Ideadbnd" units="+/- RPM">30</constant>
  <constant name="PrimeLate">"After 2 Secs"</constant>
  <constant name="PrimePulse" units="mS">2.0</constant>
  <constant name="PrimeTBox">"Standard Prime"</constant>
  <constant name="RPMRedHi" units="RPM">10000</constant>
  <constant name="RPMRedLo" units="RPM">10000</constant>
  <constant name="crankpwip">"CLT only*^"</constant>
  <constant name="fastIdleRPM" units="RPM">1100</constant>
  <constant name="fastIdleTemp" units="C">-8</constant>
  <constant name="fixedsplit" units="deg">-10</constant>
  <constant name="ictlrpm1" units="lo RPM">30</constant>
  <constant name="ictlrpm2" units="hi RPM">100</constant>
  <constant name="idlePeriod2" units="x 0.01sec">255</constant>
  <constant name="idleThresh" units="ADC">2</constant>
  <constant name="idle_dc_hi" units="dc">0</constant>
  <constant name="idle_dc_lo" units="dc">115</constant>
  <constant name="idleclosedc" units="dc">0</constant>
  <constant name="idlecrankdc" units="dc">50</constant>
  <constant name="idledashdc" units="dc">255</constant>
  <constant name="idledelayclock" units="x 0.01sec">1</constant>
  <constant name="idlefreq" units="10000/x = Frequency">255</constant>
  <constant name="idlemindc" units="dc">255</constant>
  <constant name="idleperiod" units="x 0.01sec">255</constant>
  <constant name="idlestartclk" units="x 0.01sec">10</constant>
  <constant name="irestorerpm" units="RPM">2460</constant>
  <constant name="pwmIdle">"PWM"</constant>
  <constant name="pwmidlewhen">"Warmup only"</constant>
  <constant name="rotary2">"Off"</constant>
  <constant name="slowIdleRPM" units="RPM">650</constant>
  <constant name="slowIdleTemp" units="C">75</constant>
  <constant cols="6" name="splitTable" rows="6" units="deg">
	 -10 -10 -10 -10 -10 -10
	 -10 -10 -10 -10 -10 -10
	 -10 -10 -10 -10 -10 -10
	 -10 -10 -10 -10 -10 -10
	 -10 -10 -10 -10 -10 -10
	 -10 -10 -10 -10 -10 -10
  </constant>
  <constant name="splitkpaBins" rows="6" units="kpa">
  </constant>
  <constant name="splitrpmBins" rows="6" units="RPM">
  </constant>
  <constant name="tpsflood" units="raw">200</constant>
  <constant name="wueBins9" rows="10" units="%">
  </constant>
  </page>
</msq>

Yes, the post from Rog reminds me ..................... please when posting a fuel table, also post the Req fuel as they go hand in hand.............. knowing that figure will allow you to to scale your own map accordingly for a direct comparison.

Tom G .................... your spark map is OK, but you have not taken into account the extra advance that can be used when cruising ........... this would have been taken care of by the vacuum advance in the dizzy ............ on the RV8 IIRC it was about 10 degrees max. Race cars can do without this as they are always foot to the floor, but a road car needs it for economy and to help the burn time ............... i.e mechanical max was 28 .......... plus up to 10 degrees of vacuum = 38dregrees ...... but as you can often get away with a dynamic 34 degrees on an RV8 then add in the cruising / off / light throttle of 10 degrees and you get a max of 44 degrees.

Ian

It's my understanding that for a good idle, there should be a 'valley' at the low revs end. i.e the first column slightly more advanced than the second.

Its worth noting that only BBC's map has this from those above.

Interestingly I had a good chat to Mark A about this when I had the rolling road session.

His view is that with some engines the tickover can be good, others it can for all sorts of reasons "Hunt", and if this is the case then the "Valley" of around -1 or 10% of the advance is a option as it will help "Lift" when the rpm drops on hunting.

When he did mine it was fine, so hence no valley, I have on the 12x12 map also not done it, and am reaaly seeing how it performs under a raft of operations,.... The reverse he said was true, in that an engine can sometimes hunt and removing the valley can then give a smoother curve and makes the hunting go away !

Anyway, some more 'loggin' fer me tonight :)

Nige

The valley was put in there to lift the tickover when the 700 watts of lights were switched on when we were out shooting ………….. its just enough to bring the engine back to its correct tickover without any noticeable hunting…………….

I guess this time round I may try a closed loop idle valve……… :rolleyes:

Ian

And now....some words on tunning

Ok, 1st things 1st, up to a couple of weeks ago my knowledge on tuning was vastly different to what I know now,

partly from reading reading reading, searching websites, MS Forums, and listening to others who know far more than I ever will, as I learn more, more makes sense,

At the beginning I wondered if the tuning could prove to be the big stumbling block as I 'Knew Nothin' but little by little and bit by bit the mist is clearing - a tad, its still pretty F misty around me tho :lol:

A Huge bonus is that BBC is also at the tuning stage with his new engine, apart from the fact he has background knowledge as to WTF to do he is also learning re the MS MegaViewLogger and MegaTune systems, as such we have been chatting daily, exchanging information ideas, .............then he tells me what I need to do :)

Anyway, I will now assume that the reader of this thread has got this far, and therefore is interested, as such making it, fitting it, and getting it to start is one thing, if it then runs like a bag of Do Dooo its all a waste of time, so you need to understand the basiscs of tuning, and that is what I will now try to export from my little grey cell.

Remember, most of what I am about to say I have leant over the last few weeks whilst learning all about MS, so if I can you can. Ian will then come along shortly, add some more on top, and point out where I have talked gibberish :hysterical:

When I spoke to Ian this morning around where we / I both of us were at was stuff he is talking to me about now that I understand, I would NOT have understood say 1 month ago, therefore this post is a 'basic into' into tuning your Megasquirt - NOT a definative post ................as my isn't finished yet :lol:

Ok

Tuning.

On a normal V8 you have either carbs and a dizzy or and ECU EFI and a dizzy.

Lets take the dizzy first. In simple terms this is a shaft rotated by the engine which has a moving base plate and vacumn, this clockwork neandethol unit moves dependant on springs bob weighs and rpm and vacumn and then asks the plugs to spark. This is by any standards crude, as you can not possibly have exactly the right timings for every possible RPM and vacumn, however hard you try, tuning a dizzy is like balancing the wheels on a donkey cart wheel, its still a donkey cart wheel, even if it is a nice one.

The "Spark" MAPs above are a electronic dizzy.

The "Table" is 12 x 12 , that 12 "Buckets" for rpm, and 12 "Buckets" for Vacumn.

The rpms can be set at whatever you like, the ones I and others have prob follow an acepted "Norm" and work well. The buckets are also interpolated, a posh word that means that if bucket A has 15 degrees advance and Bucket B has 20 the system doesn't "jump" from 15 straight to 20, it go up a bit by bit as the rpm goes up bit by bit, this is important, as I belive early MS didn't have this so big jumps in timing could be a atd jumpy.

So, this means that you can literally have the exact correct timing for any given RPM and Vacumn. This was always one of the really big problems on my current V8, big bore big Cam megalumpy version, Big Valve heads Valve overlap, and then a "Step" in the timing when the thing needs lots of advance to get up and go,

A Dizzy cannot do this, it is limited by the mechanical way it works - have it set for a smooth tick over and it won't have the advance it wants at high RPM when the cam comes on, set it (as I did) for the power and the bottom end timing is horribly wrong - cue dreadfull starting, poor tractability, and horrendous - nay non existant tickover,

Now I can have the timing set bucket by bucket to suit the engine. As I have said fer gawds sake don't take my Spark MAP as "A known working jobbie" and shove into a 3.9 std V8, it will be unsuitable, but softening the advance and having the basic table format and other to look at should help you

The other real reason for MS or at 1st Megajolt was the water and V8 issue, after many many efforts nothing worked re a V8 and water, hardly suprising with mine when it struggled to tick over in normal conditions let alone with water as well.

So, your spark MAP is fully programable, and gets rid of all the poor points of a dizzy, and losses none of the good points - frankly there are none for a dizzy via a fully programable Spark map.

ECUs or carbs are just a means of fuel getting into your engine, carbs again are mechanical, and like a bucket with a hole it, yes you can blend and polish the hole, make it bigger smaller and beautiful, - but its still a bucket with a hole in it.

ECUs are designed by committee, one perosn wants economy over all else, one wnats performance etc, etc, so a factory ECU is a compromise. Also the ECU fuelling is matched to the spark output, ie the rover V8 Dizzy and coil shoves out a poor spark, when I went to megajolt and 2x ford coil packs the spark was massive, and burnt better fuel - ie the whole fuel went lean ! - luckliy I thought to myself I have an adjustable ECU, yep, but it adds fuel EVERYwhere, so it still ran rough :(

MS - you design your own fuel table, or take one from someone else and tweak it :). So, you have you spark table sorted out (as I did) and you have a Fuel Map set too. If like me this fuel map will be a "Finger in the air wild guestimate". Mine was a version of Ians Fuel Map for his 3.5 which was then "Ramped up" by adding about 28% to all of the bucket values - because of the bigger bore 28% bigger.

Seemed sensible, ......well thought out and so with it and the spark map on board we turned the key .......and yes it ran

...............Like a bag of Poo :(

Here is the original VE Table (Fuel MAP 12x12 to you)

post-22-1186666285_thumb.jpg

As a guide look at the tickover

(or non tickover as was the case), .....this should have been around 1000 rpm and about 60 KPA = '59' in the MAP

And as a comparison here was Ians Map :

post-22-1186666364_thumb.jpg

Although it ran it was Lumpy, (but no misfire),

didn't start well,

would not tick over and when driven cats dogs and children held their breath as you went by and fumed them,

the fuel consumption was dire, and it was obvious thing where not right - readeyup time. :(

Some basics on Fuelling now.

If you look at one of the Fuel (VE Table) Maps lets now try to understand the "Quadrants" on them,

take mine as an example.

As you drive around, dependant on your foots position on the loud pedal,

and the rpm etc you will move around the buckets.

Not all buckets are equal, quite the reverse.

Standing staionary with the Engine ticking over, you don't need as much fuel as at High RPM foot hard down going up a hill, running the same AFR (Air Fuel Ratio) on each would mean OK for hill = very very rich on Tickover, OK on tickover would = VERY Lean and posible engine damge on Hill.

So, you have to work on the basics here, and that is as follows.

Quadrant 1. Bottom LHS

Lets say around 600-2000 RPM and up to 40 KPa.

This is poodling about country - either tickover and outside LR, or just tooootling along, in fact some of these Buckets are almost impossible to get, 600 rpm and 15 KPa = barely running and barely sucking air !.

Here you will be looking for what is know as "Stoich" or otherwise known as 14.7 : 1.

This means the Air Fuel ratio which sort of offers the "Best" complete and 'cleanest burn' for the fuel and air mix. for a Catalitic converter I think this is the target figure, yet some engines go leaner than this.

Going leaner means better Fuel consumption, but, importnatly leaner = more heat, and that when internal heat at say 17:1 etc may start moving liners around :(.

The performance even in the tootling around quadrant will also be porer at weaker AFRs, but on many modern cars they sacrifice Performance for leanness for better fuel consumption, ......as such 14.7:1 would be a good thing here for most.

Quadrant 2. RHS Bottom

Here lets say 4000-5800+ but low KPa 15-60

Here is motorway cruising time - but at 5800+ kin fast :),

thus - again some cells are very difficult to get into, but, if thats the case then the engine will be in and out in a flash, and not very often,

Therefore these "Rare" cells are not that crucial to have 100% right !.

For me, 70MPH 5th is around cell 3000+ rpm and maybe 60-70 KPA = 77 / 82 ish

Quadrant 3

LHS Top

Very odd this quadrant, this is low rpm and high MAP,

ie prob too lazy to change gear and stamp foot down,

it will be sluggish but you are asking for power,

so you will need more fuel than tootling time - when it comes you will have the same sort of map (KPA) vacumn (top)

......but move across to RHS Top - Quadrant 4

Quadrant 4. RHS Top

Say 70+ KPa and 3500 +++ rpm :)

The pleasure quadrant - where the power is,

overtaking, hard acceleratuion and performance,

here you need lots of air and even more fuel, you can't have 14.7:,

you need MORE Fuel, so more like 12.5:1 possibly even more than that :) and the fuel consumption goes to hell :(

So, in summary

100 KPA Foot nailed down, 15 overrun tootling time

Then there is the Mid section,

this is often where a "Simple" Drive will see a lot of time, more than a tootle, not flat out tho,

bit of performance bit of crusing, here the map richens the higher the KPA and RPM, hopefully this now makes a bit of sense ? :blink:

So, why was my Engine running so rich then ?

Well 2 reasons

1st - massively overfuelling most cells, but a Large amount (how later)

and

2nd - Its a guesstimated Map,................. it needs to be tuned properly.

There are really 3 ways of doing the above.

1. Rolling Road with an expert and a big wallet :(, yep and it will do the trick, but

2. DIY with some software

3. More Guessing

1 and 3 are up to you, but I fancied and still do Option 2.

Think about this, A rolling road has you LR chained down on it, they plug in sensors and drive it on rollers to mimmick driving on the road, they measure the fuel AFR coming out of the exhaust at ceratin buckets, then in that bucket lean off or richen, you then hand over you £££s and away you go.

You have a LR and you have your own rolling road - the UKs road system, drive up hills, down hills, motorways tottle about, overtake, and ramp it up, all will move you in and out of many if not all the buckets a rolling road does.

You probably have a PC and now have MegaTune on it, above are the instructions for loading MegaLogViewer and as such you have all the gubbins that the rolling road clamps in, except the sensor they shove up the exhaust, oh you have one of them too, its your Lamda sensor.

So, you have road, PC tuning software, and all the gubins to DIY it, you just need skill

Er, no you don't.

I was delighted as was Ian when I came across the latest MegaLogView program.

If you ask most tuners they will tell you you have to have a WIDEBAND 02 sensor fitted to tune an engine, and they would up to now have been correct really. We have looked above as to how as you add more KPA and More RPM you need to richen, yet a NARROW BAND sensor can really only tune to 14.7:1 and that no good for some quadrants. However the new megalogViewer has a very very clever way of dealing with this.

What is does is to in effect tuine most of the cells it "Reads" and comes in contact with to 14.7 : 1, then it does some very clever calculations, based on,

the cell it has vsited and read, how many times over the datalogging journey it has read that cell, takes into account the cells around it, and if the cells around it are more performance related it add in extra fuel. as such over the entire MAPping process it will Map the tootling non performance cells to 14.7:1 ish and then add to those performance cells so as to have them estimated at 13.5:1 and higher up the KPA and RPM sclaes to 12.5:1 level.

Whilst this is a guestimate it is and was a far betterguesstimate than what I had done, as it is using cells it CAN measure and reset as a guide to richening those cells that should be richer.

In my case all cells were too rich - more later

Ok, so lets have a look at a MegalogViewer File :

post-22-1186668106_thumb.jpg

Ok

1 bit at a time, cos the 1st time I opened this up I squeaked with terror :lol:

1st take a look at the centre part of the graph slightly on the RHS named "Default Narrow Band"

This is showing how it is going to tune your VE Table - the 'Reds' are those cells you are going to have at 14.7:1, the 'Greens' a load richer (these are guessed - but boy the calculations are very very clever) at 13.5, and then the 'Blue', the "Happy Vroom Vroom cells" :lol: at 12.5 : 1

You can overide these - I left them alone.

Then there is the timeline display - this is covered up a bit, but its the black graphs LHS, these can show a huge range of info, but the ones I looked at were RPM :), MAP (manifold Pressure (KPA)) and CLT (engine temp) in the main, a few others I looked at.

Once you have datalogged (later) you can replay the journey bit by bit as the graphs moves left to right on a timeline. you can see the rpm go up, the Map go up, and then as you change gear the rpm drops and the MAP dies too, then they start going up again - clever stuff.

Now look top RHS "VEBins1" - this is the CURRENT VE (Fuel) MAp you are using - in this case this was my ORIGINAL guesstimate. Below this table (covered by the Default band table) is your SPARK table, and as you play back the graphs the lines will shows which "Bins" the ECU was at that time - more clever stuff.

To the right of centre is the recalculated VE table, thats to say

Using the VE table you have (my 1st guess) and your spark map, I went for a good long drive (about 15 mins) datalogged as I drove (later) then used this program to look at the datalog, set the values correctly (or closer to correct) and then work out from there the richer Bins.

From this 1st run, you can see my tickover Bin (1000rpm and 50 KPa) went from original 53 to a new 43, thats a HUGE drop, look at the other cells equally they dropped too.

Now, it will only drop a bit each time, bit complex so forget the explaination, you need to log a few times, and each 15-30 mins mix of driving stylees, your TRYING to get every bin.

Now, look at the grey box slighly Left of centre top - this gives the readouts and info as to what it has found, on this my 1st run it says :

Total Log records - How many times the datalog has recorded whats going on each time is a line in an excel file - this log has 5820 lines.

Filtered Log records - Ok not all are used, ie on overrun the fuel is switched off, that filtered out as are other things such as less than 500 RPM, and if your engine temp drops below 71 degress and a couple of other things - you don't need to worry the software just takes them out of the calculations, as such this left me with 4756 lines it could then use and do the clacs on.

It did the calcs, it then says :

Total Table cells - 144 (that cos is 12 x 12) :)

Cells analysed - 99 (68.7%) that literally as it says, of 144 possible cells it can be in this drive hit 99 of them :)

Average cell weight - this is roughly an average of how many times it has tested the cell - the higher the better - this was 48

Cells values altered and Max cell change are an indication of severity of how far out and how far moved when I accepted these changes the engine immeaditely sounded and ran better - it should do - look at the fuelling drop !

I accepted the changes, then did a second data log, .....

here I then used ...

the NEW VE Table, ......but the old spark table, .............another whizz about gave me a 2nd log :

Heres my 2nd Log :)

post-22-1186668760_thumb.jpg

Now look at tickover 1000 and 50 KPA gives 34 !, remember it was 53 !! and other cells have been rewriiten, 6458 lines to look at, 600 filtered, 5858 used, 144 saw 101 looked at 57x cells values altered 93 and max cell change still high at 14. It sits smoothly on Tickover, it revs freely, and it doesn't stink of fuel all the time :)

I have logged and logged and logged, what you then find is the limits of the narrowband,

now when I log it sometimes it puts the odd cell or 3 up when before it has done it leaner, .......

this is now really NB limit, ......................and I'll have to go to wideband to get it really accurate................

So, to finish HOW do you 'data log'.??

Ok,

PC in LR with cable to 9 pin connected PC to MS ECU,

start engine,

I would suggest you let it warm up properly (if you have tickover :lol:)

then load MegaTune, click on

File > DataLogging > Record

You must have Microsoft Excel loaded on the laptop,

the MegaTune will then give you a option to save a file of datalogged data under either a prechosen name or one your can call it, I have started mine at 1 and then go 2 3 4 5 6 etc, this way I know whats what and can go back.

Having done this

DRIVE

I would suggest 15 mins to start with, ..........then pull to the side of the road.

Close MegaTune, ...........and the data log is saved as an excel file wherever you asked it to be saved.

Open MegaLogViewer.

Click

File > Open > your datalog file

Make sure you have the VE Table loaded, if not click on "Open MSQ"

find your file and load. Spark table should be there.

Click on 'Advanced settings'.

Click on "Run Analyser"

It will then do it stuff, once done click accept new table,

then click 'Save MSQ As'

and make this a new MSQ file name - this way you get to keep your old one if you don't like changes made.

The one below is now where I am, .............runs well, this was a 1 hour log ( lots of lines long time to analyse ): )

post-22-1186669833_thumb.jpg

Couple of last things.

Wideband sensors - never ever log off road, they do not like being dunked in cold water !. NB are more forgiveing (and a hell of a load cheaper to replace). Remember too if you save files with new names you CAN go backwards, don't just overwritte the old ones keep copies.

Print off the data and study it, see how it is changing and where, use different routes to datalog and take you time.

All in all I am now at the point where the engine runs fine, but is at the limits of NB tuning, I am going to learn more (wideband homework now), and either myself or Ian will give the above sort of post on WB Tuning

Hope this is of use,

I have learnt a HUGE amount in a short time, and have only grasped a basic understanding, thanks to Ian G as always, Bill Shurvington and fridge, and if you have got this far hope its been iof use.

More to come, this weekend should see the loom finished, will post on that next week

Nige

Ah......... good ............... Nige got to do the typing ............ :lol: ................... and yes, if you follow those instructions you wont go too far wrong.

For years I tuned mine & others race engines by ear ............... and in those days we did get very, very, good results ............. but also very hit n miss and sometimes costly when you got it wrong :rolleyes:

Just couple of note to add the the above..................

In any 12x12 or 8x8 spark or fuel map there will be 'bins' or 'buckets' (call them what you will) that will never be seen by the engine under normal, or even abnormal conditions .................... so is it important to set these bins .................... well, yes, I think so just for safety and for aesthetic purposes when viewing the table.

Will your engine ever see 100Kpa (atmospheric) at less than 600 rpm ?.......... if it does then you have far too much torque and you should have more mechanical sympathy !

Will your engine ever see less than 20Kpa (max vacuum) at 5000 or 6000 rpm ............... yes, it will, but only when on overrun and you will have a closed throttle, also if we have any sense, fuel cut off on overrun will be enabled to produce better engine braking and marginally better MPG.

Will your engine ever see, 20 or 30 KPa at 600 or 1000 rpm ................. no never............ but it is still best to set these bins dues to the way in which MS calculates .............. it grabs info from adjacent bins to find the right answer for that particular instant in time.................you know.......... some of this to the left or right and a bit of this in the above or below bin, mix it all together to come up with the right answer.

It is not good practice or indeed feasible to use O2 correction on idle (due to the reaction time the engine will hunt), so setting the idle bin is best accomplished as a manual exercise, however, Megalog viewer has a jolly good go at it................... best way is to connect a vacuum gauge to the engine and tune the idle bin for max vacuum ............ this will also coincide with the most stable idle....................... we used to do this years ago to set both idle timing and fuel................ it worked then, and still works now , mainly because the laws of physics and internal combustion engines remain unaltered ;)

A word of warning though ...................... driving along at 4500rpm and trying to hit 100Kpa (WOT - Wide Open Throttle) whilst glancing at a laptop on the passenger seat, is not good for your health ................its better for two to do this job !

Any maps posted by me at the moment will only be good to 3000rpm as the engine is still running in..................

Today I plumbed in the Innovate LC1 WideBand sensor ................... watch this space

Ian

best way is to connect a vacuum gauge to the engine and tune the idle bin

Connect a vacuum gauge to the MAP sensed EFi system :huh: MegaTune vacuum gauge not good enough for you then Ian :D

BTW did you know in MegaTune you can right-click on any gauge to change it's settings, or swap it for a different one? There are about 40 different ones to choose from! If you have a Wideband in, there was a tweak that gave you real-time BHP and torque gauges - BLING! :lol:

Connect a vacuum gauge to the MAP sensed EFi system :huh: MegaTune vacuum gauge not good enough for you then Ian :D

Yes, but a damped mechanical gauge is better …………… and it reads in inches Hg :rolleyes: …….....the megatune gauge is also most mechanical but needs to be damped

BTW did you know in MegaTune you can right-click on any gauge to change it's settings, or swap it for a different one? There are about 40 different ones to choose from! If you have a Wideband in, there was a tweak that gave you real-time BHP and torque gauges - BLING! :lol:

Yes, current my screen also displays EGO Correction and battery volts ………….just for those that don’t know, you can set your default gauge layout in the ini files. ;)

I should have added to the above post that once the fuel table is set it will need altering if the timing or fuel pressure is ever altered …………..

I guess that was the problem when both Nige and I went over to EDIS, we were using much more aggressive timing than that produced from the dizzy, also the timing was more linear ………….. the dizzy produces a timing curve and the manufacturer would have set the ECU fueling accordingly ……………. Any changes on a flapper has a global effect, rather than being able to lean off or richen certain areas ……… that together with a fatter spark caused me a lot of problems ………..

Ian

Hi just a small update to say.. woohoo!! the alternator diode trick worked for me, my MS is now wired correctly and switches off when told, also my fuel pump runs audibly faster when not loosing smoke power through the vehicle loom :o

Big thanks to the MS gurus !

:i-m_so_happy: