Alarm key fob

Hi,

I need a spare alarm key fob for my 1998 110 the numbers on the back are 3txb, will any lucas 3txb key fob do the job once I have re programed it or do I need one that opperates on a certain frequency...?

cheers

db

You need the right frequency but any you buy in the UK should be OK, there are 315mhz and 433mhz that I am aware of and possibly others but I think all UK ones are 433. Apart from a sticker on the back when they are new, there is no way I know of that you can tell the two frequencies apart (other than it not working!)

The same fob does Discovery 300Tdi age, early Freelanders and most if not all Defenders, because they all use the same Lucas 10AS alarm ecu.

You need a Testbook or similar, and to have both key fobs present, to program a new one to the ECU (any fobs that are not present will stop working so there is no need to worry about one if you have lost it!)