Doing work on the drive

Tangoman

After moving house I have lost my workshop and have joined some of you that have to work on the drive.Yesterday me and les chaned the gearbox and clutch on the rangie it rained :angry: ,I don't like this working on the drive business.

And would like to thank les for all his hard work on his birthday weekend hope you had a good 50th :lol:

After moving house I have lost my workshop and have joined some of you that have to work on the drive.

Oh dear!

Rules of moving house:

1. Always trade UP (to a bigger/better workshop)

2. Ensure that you have enough space to get a 110 with Ifor Williams in, turned around, unloaded and out again (even if you don't have one)

2.1. Ensure that you have enough space to store at least two 'spares' vehicles.

3. Ensure that the new neighbours are a: deaf or b: far enough away not to get upset by grinding on a summer Sunday afternoon.

4. Ensure that the proposed gaff is within MSD of the nearest (real ale) hostelry... :D

Personally - I think that the worst thing about working outside is having to clear up all the tools when it rains... I don't mind ME getting wet but I won't have my little beauties harmed ;)

TwoSheds

After moving house I have lost my workshop and have joined some of you that have to work on the drive.Yesterday me and les chaned the gearbox and clutch on the rangie it rained :angry: ,I don't like this working on the drive business.

And would like to thank les for all his hard work on his birthday weekend hope you had a good 50th :lol:

Same problem here - serviced Jan's MX-5 on Saturday and it took three times as long as it should have done as I kept having to break off to shelter from the downpours

(I'd also been sold the wrong front pads but that's another story...)

I see your Open air workshop still there!! think TJ back this week!! I might be wrong. "You Know TJ" :lol:

Yep, am back,, and see someone have nicked Jims truck,

was it you Jim, or the scrap man ??? :unsure:

Drive?! Huh flamin' luxury!! Some of us dream of having a drive!! It would be paradise not having to work in the street, and not have to contend with the camber of the road when jacking, not to mention trying to avoid the numerous dog's eggs that litter the streets aound these parts. :o

Having to put all your tools away safely to avoid them getting nicked when going upstairs (only 64 steps and no lift!) to fetch the tool/spare part that you forgot isn't much fun either!

When we move (early next year hopfully!!) a drive is a must, but a garage (or space to put one up) would be brilliant! :rolleyes:

Steve

Vambo,

Where in London are you? I'm renting in Kensington and I hate working in the street. I know exactly what you mean about having to hide everything when you run back upstairs, and the paranoia of not keeping anything in the truck in case someone's watching you arrive with a hefty toolbox and go back inside without it.

Parked between a 911 GT3 and a Bentley Continenal GT, it certainly makes you sweat when the bumper's at the top of a hi-lift jack as the back door swings open and you hear the spare tyre shift in the back... :o

John,

I'm currently in the former People's Republic of Islington. Drives are rare around here & garages are like hen's teeth! Parking permit is currently £95 p.a. and currently under review via a rather biased poll asking all residents if the parking charges should increase for more polluting vehicles (regardless of annual mileage). :angry2: Don't get me started on Ken Livingstone and his LEZ!

One other thing about working in the street is having cars and lorries whizzing inches from your limbs or head! :unsure::blink:

Steve

Would've been easier if Nick had his tools at his house rather that 1 1/2 miles away in the big yellow storage :lol:

Oh....... and a trolley jack with a handle instead of a high lift jack adaptor :blink:

and he told me he had everything and I did'nt need to take anything with me !