Weather and 4x4s

JST

Just been for a drive to try some of the local fords. Didn't fancy the one as it came in the doors but did a few others which were fun. On the one the worried farmer came to see if I was alrite as he had baulked at driving his tractor over it earlier today. That said it had dropped by about 18 inches.

It was very wet at Slindon yesterday, luverly mud all over the place!

Got into work today glum faces all round, all describing their torid weekend in the rain, luverly weekend says I mud upto me armpits!

Took the smile off me face tonight, had to pay their salaries.............. :angry:

so much so that the misses couldn't get to work in her nice ecofriendlier car and the 4x4 had to be used as the Police had closed the road to everything else (excpet Lorries and Tractors).

ahh some Bonus points for you there James! :rolleyes:

Went out in the 4x4 to a road into the village which at 7:30pm still flooded.

I had earlier bottled out taking the Volvo V70 through it!!

Its been an interesting 24hours up here in yorkshire.Stuck in sheffield yesterday from 4:30 til 10:20 trying to get home from a breakdown when the river burst its banks,and today we have had news helichopters and raf jets flying round all day waiting for ulley dam to burst about 4 miles from my house :blink:

glad i got 2 gas guzzling 4x4s,bet toyota prius's are sh*te in deep water :D

post-839-1182883608_thumb.jpg my drive home from work tonite :rolleyes:

Paul :)

if you don't already know and are in the Worcester region bransford is quite wet at the moment, decided to take the (really) long way home from work expecting it to have gone down and got a surprise (after going past the road closed signs).

Met another nice chappie in a disco which was a bit more raised and probably had both bell housing and timing cover plugs in (I only have bell housing at moment in the commute car) who led the way since he had been through a 'few' times. If your reading this, cheers mate, put a smile on my face knowing I could get a tow if it all went horribly wrong.

Felt sorry for the pub, gonna be a few wet seats in that place.

No piccies I'm afraid, simple phone and cameras are in Portsmouth.

<SensibleMode>

Whilst out puddle-hunting at the weekend, I got thinking... (Ouch!) How difficult would it be to aquaplane a heavy 110 on BFG muds?? laugh.gif ohmy.gif

</SensibleMode>

TBH, the deeper and longer the puddles, the better laugh.gif

Well, I've managed to aquaplane the range rover (on standard tyres), but I was doing a fair lick at the time so I reckon if you ever do aquaplane the 110 you'll be going fast enough to be needing a change of underwear afterwards... Although the range rover had enough momentum to hold it's line pretty well - just steering went light.