Stupid questions

diff bassically allows the wheels to move a different speeds so that u are dragging the wheel around the corner if u jack up one side of the car of the ground and put in first the wheels will spin anf th other wont move at all hence the saying give power to the least resistance , the transfer box is mainly only used for high and low ratio with the locking option

so if u lock the diff u are giving equal and constant power to both wheels helps if u have one wheel of the ground trying to get traction , ie if u had no diff lock and had the front left anf rear right wheel of the ground u aint going no where but with diff lock u can have the wheels on the ground in the same situation driving

Thank you very much ! :i-m_so_happy:

Now, I understand. I'll be less stupid tonight than this morning!

Drink more coffee! :D

Well, since you're in Russia you should probably make that Vodka instead ;)

That's too stereotyped... People here don't drink Vodka. They also drink... Beer! ^_^

But I am a Frog after all, I drink grapefruit juice mostly. You know, the one for grown-ups... B)

Oops, I forgot one of the questions I wanted to ask in the first place :blush: : Is there really any difference between standard wheels and alloy ones?

Besides the prices tag and the look, is there really any benefit in getting such wheels on a Def? :unsure:

Steel wheels rust in 8 minutes, alloys don't they will suffer corrosion eventually but it isn't usually a major problem. I've been running alloys for a couple of years now, most of the time, and I have not damaged anything yet, but it does depend on what sort of off-road terrain you are driving in - soft peat doesn't really cause any damage but deep rocky ruts might well do. Both of my sets of alloys have been near as dammit free though (bit of wheeling and dealing!) so if I prang one, it won't really bother me :)