locking console for Defender?

Gringo

Do any of you good folks know of a source for a locking centre console for a Defender 90? I would like to keep some basic stuff, including binoculars, camera, etc. in the vehicle from time to time, but its a soft top and there isnt a secure place in the entire vehicle.

Another vote here for the mobile storage solutions. I put a stereo in the front (has a flap which locks down to stop it getting nicked) and then attached a cb radio to the front. A very nice solution, if a little pricey. I went for their basic version, and added some of their own map pockets for a couple of quid each.

If it's easier/cheaper to bring things in from US and Canada, look at these people, Tuffy..

Security console

Looks very similar to MSS and is cheaper in US. They do a fitting kit for the Defender 90 too. If you have US 4Wheeler or Petersens mags you sell suppliers in there.

I have a MSS one and they are very good, but it doesn't make sense for you to pay UK prices and then shipping costs etc.

Cheers

Steve

Thank you Steve. I took a look at the Tuffy website, and notice they only list Defenders up to Model Year '95. Nothing after that. I am not sure why that is, except perhaps its because LR stopped exporting Defenders in around 97, I believe. That means there are no 2005 D90's in the States. At least, not enough of them to be a market for aftermarket products.

I will contact them and see what they can do for an '05.

It was nice to see that they make one for a Suzuki Samurai, as well.

Early NAS Defenders had manual 'tranny', hence the reason Tuffy's list only goes up to '95. The later NAS with the Automatic g'box has a one piece centre console (incorporating a cubby box) and therefore isn't suitable for any aftermarket cubby box install. Tuffy will probably tell you that they don't know whether their Defender cubby will fit your 05 truck, but as Steve says, rest assured it will.

MSS charges something like £20.00 to ship one of the their console to a UK address so heaven knows how much it'll be to the West Indies! The Tuffy box is probably the cheaper way to go and Tuffy quality is good.

Whilst we are on the subject i like the look of the MSS rear drawer setup, does anyone have them fitted in a 90 that they use competitively or on play days?

Want to know what they are like if they get submerged in muddy/watery conditions regularly